Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Goldwire

it was also very satisfying because our other guards seem unaware of Williams' existence.

Of course he was also in the game when Syracuse started hitting every three they took down 20. But that wasn't his fault. Wasn't his fault that Moore didn't finish a wide open layup in the sequence either.

He was 2/3 from 3pt range and were the only shots he took so he never fucked up a layup on any of those fast breaks.

Heading into the Louisville game and another matchup with star guard Carlik Jones, Goldwire is aware this will likely be his final game at Cameron — unless he were to decide to come back next season and take advantage of the NCAA rule granting an extra year of eligibility to winter athletes.

Wonder if they’ll do senior night stuff for him, in an empty stadium and with uncertainty as to whether they will be repeating the ceremony for him next season.

He doesn't have anything to gain by returning. I suppose he could get a graduate degree. But if he plans on playing pro ball oversees before joining a coaching staff, then he might as well get started on that trajectory right now.

He doesn't have anything to gain by returning. I suppose he could get a graduate degree. But if he plans on playing pro ball oversees before joining a coaching staff, then he might as well get started on that trajectory right now.
Regardless of what kind of job he wants, there doesn't seem to be that much incentive to postpone a year of starting the work trajectory in order to spend another year playing basketball for free. Unless there's some grad degree that helps his career prospects that he could also complete in an additional year.

Regardless of what kind of job he wants, there doesn't seem to be that much incentive to postpone a year of starting the work trajectory in order to spend another year playing basketball for free. Unless there's some grad degree that helps his career prospects that he could also complete in an additional year.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think you need a grad degree to join some former Duke player's staff in five years after you've made your run at playing in Israel or wherever.

After watching him confirming against UL that he still can't make an open lay-up, I'm not even sure an overseas gig is possible. Do they have a need for defense-only players?

I would like to thank Jordan Goldwire for his contributions to Duke basketball. We faced stiff competition beating out Eastern Kentucky on the recruiting trail for him, but he's proved worth the stress. From the aggressive defense, to the missed lay-ups, the anticipation of him botching a fast break, to his memorable 2019 ACC Tournament Final clutch lay-up on literally one leg as he scooped up the ball rolling between Luke Maye's legs. I always liked this guy, and wish him well in his future endeavors. Hopefully he carves out a role for himself somewhere overseas, or is able to get into the coaching profession with one of the many Duke alumni holding down a spot coaching.

Can’t really bitch about his career given he was the 300th ranked recruit in his class or w/e. Played rotational minutes all four years, and even contributed to wins with his defense, which is all found money for a guy who was brought in to be a practice only player. Would still welcome him back on next year’s team but it seems he wants to start his next stage in life, which is totally understandable. Unfortunate that because of circumstances outside his control he missed out on TWO postseasons.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom