Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Goldwire

I'm sure he's getting pitched as having more of a "true" PG role at these schools, rather than the "don't dribble" PG role he had at Duke. Granted, that was the right role for him, given that he would often sort of lose the ball just dribbling up the court without pressure... but he would of course believe he's capable of more.

Either that or they're recruiting him to play the position he should have been playing all along - strong safety.

Yes, but he's the good decision maker and point-of-attack defender we need.

I agree on the defense. He has had a TO rate above 19 in every year he's played though (counter to that is that Roach was way worse of course). I think it's the missed layups at the worst possible times that bother me.

But what we got out of him, for being the 350th ranked recruit or whatever, was overall well above expectations.

I'm not saying he was Jon Scheyer out there as a decision maker. But remember that I'm comparing him to Roach and Moore. Moore finished with a 17.4% turnover rate last year, but that's only because he had an amazing February taking care of the ball. Maybe that's a sign of progress (though he seemed to regress a bit in March). IIRC, Roach's decision making also was better in his last 12 games or so.

Kenpom has Moore at 20.1 this past year, so your point is actually strengthened if that number is correct. 27.6 in 2020. Moore's 2020 had to have been the worst 5-star recruit freshman performance in a very long time at any school going by advanced metrics. Then Caleb Love pulled a Hold My Beer.

Yeah, I use sports-reference and I think they calculate most of their possession-based stats differently than Kenpom.

Idk what they have coming back but assuming no Baldwin I bet his minutes there are within ~5 a game of what he would have played here next year. What a waste
I feel like even if the minutes were same, I can totally see why a guy who has only limited overseas pro prospects, given a freebie grad extra year, would want to try out a different program. Just to get a different experience, see a different place, try a different coach, get recruited by programs and imagine your fit. It's a cool gift, rather than "hey, you can do what you've done the last two years."

Idk what they have coming back but assuming no Baldwin I bet his minutes there are within ~5 a game of what he would have played here next year. What a waste
I feel like even if the minutes were same, I can totally see why a guy who has only limited overseas pro prospects, given a freebie grad extra year, would want to try out a different program. Just to get a different experience, see a different place, try a different coach, get recruited by programs and imagine your fit. It's a cool gift, rather than "hey, you can do what you've done the last two years."

But why Norman fucking Oklahoma?

Yeah, if it was about having a cool experience I am sure the University of Hawaii would be thrilled to have him. I mean, here's an example of the kind of players they're signing.

brock hefner.jpeg

Come to think of it, I have no idea why every non-NBA prospect isn't doing a grad year at the University of Hawaii. I'd literally be their team fluffer if they'd give me free room and board.

I've actually wondered about this for years, why more players aren't interested in just spending a year - or even four years - living free in their dream city. At the same time, it's always puzzled me why they would choose to spend a year - or four - at somewhere like Nebraska or Kansas (or Oklahoma) when they have options that aren't those places.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom