Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Goldwire

They gave him some run tonight. Interesting to see if Coach K will actually play him 5-10 minutes a game in the ACC and commit to what he said after the South Carolina loss about playing more guys.

A bunch of guys played tonight but it is obvious that White and Tucker will never play and Vrankovic will barely get spot minutes. I could see us going 9 deep with of course DeLaurier and Bolden, but also O'Connell and Goldwire as well. Goldwire (at least for now) seems capable enough to play solid defense and bring the ball up the floor to spell Duval for a few minutes each half. And when you watch how confident O'Connell is in scoring, it is reminiscent to a younger Grayson Allen in how he's just a natural scorer. Yes, he's not there yet physically but I think it's hard to just not play someone with that ability and confidence offensively. If Goldwire and O'Connell each find their way into the rotation during ACC play I would be pretty pleased.

He had a really ambitious lob tonight that just kind of sailed into the stands. I wonder if during practice if Bagley and Carter are just making circus leaps into the air throwing all that stuff down.

Also, i'm not buying 6'2

Well that was fast. Congrats for passing Bolden in the rotation

In all seriousness, for him to get 11 minutes against a team like MSU, even with K "turning over a new leaf" wrt player minutes, in my opinion that automatically invalidates him being ranked 311th or w/e already. A player *actually* of that quality wouldn't get 11 minutes in his entire career combined against teams like MSU under Coach K. So I don't think it's too early to say we've found another Thornton, in the sense he's a PG that will vastly outplay his recruiting ranking, even if he isn't ever a star.

Mind you, 60th ranked Jordan Tucker once again didn't sniff a second out there tonight, which is just more evidence these minutes aren't due to charity.

I'm pretty stoked about this. Knowing we have the backup PG position solved for four years is going to make things a lot easier going forward.

I kinda love this kid.

He fits in seamlessly on defense, like no one ever told him that a basically unranked (until he committed to us) kid doesn't belong on the court with these future pros. He already looks better on D than some of our recent freshmen (I see you Tyus and Luke).

On offense, he's completely fine for a backup PG; most importantly, again, he plays with confidence, doesn't hesitate on wide open shots, doesn't overdribble, gets the team organized and moves the ball well.

Man this is going to be weird when we play Carolina. We will go ten deep with lightly recruited guys getting minutes while they play an iron six because Roy has so much junk on the roster.

Everyone will hate Goldwire next year when he is starting ahead of a 5 star 6'8 small forward in a 3 mighty mouse lineup. We only love him as the backup pg.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom