Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kids

As of right now we are going to wait it out. Of course my wife's mind changes very quickly so tomorrow my answer could be different.

Hit 90 degrees today. Why the heck not?

10294453_10152166882782956_400697452651848599_n.jpg

Kid is in a weird rhythm right now. Asleep at 10:30, wakes at 4, wakes again at 6:30.

Any gurgling sounds? I know a guy at TDD that can help with that.

I remember the week we came home with our firstborn. Had the set feeding schedule and everything. The night before her first ped appointment, we slept through our alarms and missed a couple of feedings. Kinda panicky about it, but our ped just said "You guys slept through the night? Hope you enjoyed it!" before reassuring us that it was ok - if she needed to eat, she'd definitely have let us know.

Alright, alright, I'll jump into the fray. Here I am with my three little monsters, Jackson (aka Lebron Jr.), Katelyn and Allison. I both pity and am a bit jealous of you all who are still in the baby phase! Allison is just beginning to become a little 'too cool' for her old man, and I'm afraid the days of her attentively listening to my gruffalo stories may be numbered. :cry:

IMG_3572.jpg

Gruffalo stories are cool!

Good-looking family. How old are your kids?

Thanks! Six, seven and nine, from left to right. And yes, #gruffalosforlife! :lol:

I see some bruises all over your son's legs and even on your oldest daughter's arm (not quite a bruise, but was obviously handled forcefully). Hmmm...

"Dinner gauntlet" takes its toll at times, I do have to admit. I think it toughens them up in the long-run though, and prevents them from taking anything for granted (especially the loser!).

You sound like one of those parents that makes the kid pick out his own "switch" or uses his/her own belt against them. My kids are 7, 5 and 3, so I have less experience parenting than you, but am obviously more wise when it comes to raising kids than you are. Your wife is OK with this?

I can handle pretty much anything the girls can throw at me. Even taught myself how to braid THEIR hair, but I swear, buns are the bane of my existence. Thank God dance recitals are only once a year.

10298770_10152182469897956_2897352086801461298_n.jpg

aiw said:
You sound like one of those parents that makes the kid pick out his own "switch" or uses his/her own belt against them. My kids are 7, 5 and 3, so I have less experience parenting than you, but am obviously more wise when it comes to raising kids than you are. Your wife is OK with this?

Whoa, think there's been a misunderstanding here. Our girls are huge Hunger Games fans, and it was originally their idea to "play Hunger Games" one evening. The wife and I talked about it, and we decided it could teach them some valuable lessons about entitlement, so we just decided to make it a fun part of our weeknight routine.

If anything, I could see how one could think it was unfair to to Jack, as he doesn't really understand what's going on. However, as a boy, he's already got an edge on his sisters, despite his age. Honestly, I can't even remember the last time he ended up in bed early as the "Hungry Harriett"! :lol:

Due date is tomorrow....I think he's going to be a procrastinator though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom