Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mark Mitchell

Mitchell was also injured and had a readjustment period after returning. He's been phenomenal recently. His shooting form is ugly, so he probably won't be 40%, but the FTs are encouraging.

SMTTEM's post is tongue-in-cheek anyway. But it's worth noting that while plenty of freshmen have struggled to shoot, we've had a bunch outperform our shooting expectations.
You're right that they definitely aren't always bad as I imply. I do just assume they'll all suck though. I think the recent years (primarily Zion's) weigh heavily on my mind.

Love him already. Also, is he fully ambidextrous? He looked so natural dribbling, dunking and finishing with his right that I was questioning whether I was remembering wrong re: him being a lefty.

Best (still) theoretical possible lineup for next year IMO is Pack, Keels, Moore, Whitehead, Mitchell. Really strong bench of Lively, Flip, Roach, Davis, Baker and Schutt.

Second jump is quick and powerful, which is really important. Also, his back to the basket stuff, while probably useless in college, shows how well he understands his body. He uses his hips really well to get to the next spot on the floor.

Also, his back to the basket stuff, while probably useless in college, shows how well he understands his body. He uses his hips really well to get to the next spot on the floor.
At the least, he's showing that he can score of offensive rebounds in a lot of ways with a variety of finishing moves.

I just like his touch around the basket. We may not be posting him up a ton, but I'm sure we'll be able to take advantage of his scoring around the rim one way or another. Seems like a guy who can get some putbacks. And he's pretty decent at driving from the top of the key.

Second jump is quick and powerful, which is really important. Also, his back to the basket stuff, while probably useless in college, shows how well he understands his body. He uses his hips really well to get to the next spot on the floor.

I appreciate when bigger guys can keep their dribble alive on drives and transition to that sort of back to basket maneuvering once they're close to the rim, rather than just gathering when they're still 15 feet away and hoping for the best. I imagine that'll be a useful skill for him next year even if we don't run post offense through him in a traditional sense.

At top 25 players can't be called a sleeper, but he is the guy in the 2022 class that I think could be the surprise like Stanley and Steward were in prior years.

At top 25 players can't be called a sleeper, but he is the guy in the 2022 class that I think could be the surprise like Stanley and Steward were in prior years.
Stanley, sure. But was Steward averaging an inefficient 13 points on a bad team really a surprise?

Totally see this, great comparison. Not aesthetic but very effective. Wouldn't mind seeing him lead us to the FF in his one year, and wouldn't be totally shocked if that happened. He seemed extremely 'engaged' in all parts of the game the 3-4 times I watched him. I can see him being the straw that stirs the drink on both ends.

Surprised he's only 77% from the line, tbh. Felt more like 90%. When I watched him in high school, I didn't see a single FT miss over four games.

Regardless, I feel very validated by the last couple of games. He still needs to be more consistent overall, but he's been one of our best offensive players on the season. The bad off-ball defense has been my biggest critique.

I don't think the roster is as bad as it's being excused as being. Mitchell, for example, should probably be really good. Even in dumpster fires like today, where we're running zero offense and you don't remember him doing much, he's putting up winning lines, like 14/6/3 blocks on 4-6/0-0/6-7.

This is with 1) playing his giant self at the 3 next to two court-condensing bigs, 2) running 0 sets all season for him, and 3) having him get the ball exclusively 25' from the rim. If there was ever a setup for a player of his skillset to fail, that's it.

If you put him on some random, mediocre P5 team with veteran guards and decent coaching, he's probably a star OAF PF that we groan about not having anyone like.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom