Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mark Mitchell

Man, his efficiency really must have taken a nose dive to finish the season. I was surprised to see 47/35 shooting splits when I looked just now. Was expecting more like 49/38. At one point in the season, he was nearly 50/40/90.

His free throw shooting last night was excellent. I would love to see him making harder off the ball cuts to the basket instead of being stationary around the 3 pt line. If Duke has a pick and pop play set up, I'd like to see him cut to the basket, so the ball handler has the option of dishing it to Flip or the cutter. Think there's a good chance to create some confusion on the play and maybe get a couple easy baskets off it each game. He's still not a great ball handler but his ability to draw fouls is a huge plus.

His free throw shooting last night was excellent. I would love to see him making harder off the ball cuts to the basket instead of being stationary around the 3 pt line. If Duke has a pick and pop play set up, I'd like to see him cut to the basket, so the ball handler has the option of dishing it to Flip or the cutter. Think there's a good chance to create some confusion on the play and maybe get a couple easy baskets off it each game. He's still not a great ball handler but his ability to draw fouls is a huge plus.
He did have that one great cut early.

I also thought he played a good defensive game. In general, I was happier with his performance than I expected to be. I didn't watch live, and it seemed like people thought he played horribly.

He made 3 horrible plays in the first half. 2 of them were just not using his brain:
1. running the baseline turnover
2. not pulling the ball out for the last shot
3. getting stripped on the breakaway on the last play of the half

Other than that, he played well. FT shooting was good and he put a ton of pressure on the MSU defenders moving towards the basket, drawing those fouls.

He made 3 horrible plays in the first half. 2 of them were just not using his brain:
1. running the baseline turnover
2. not pulling the ball out for the last shot
3. getting stripped on the breakaway on the last play of the half

Other than that, he played well. FT shooting was good and he put a ton of pressure on the MSU defenders moving towards the basket, drawing those fouls.
Wasn't Champions Classic his worst performance of last year? He had like three charges in the first half against Kansas.

Probably too late as this should have been done over several months of work in the off-season, but it’s time to stop ignoring his horrible jumper form because “eh, he makes enough of them”. He needs major work away from this all-wrist thing he has going on.

Yeah, I don't think you can do it now. If you've ever tried to fix your own broken jumper, you'll know that you shoot much, much worse for several months as a result. At least he's decent at the FT line and on short push shots. Even that could go away while he's overhauling his mechanics.

Yeah, I don't think you can do it now. If you've ever tried to fix your own broken jumper, you'll know that you shoot much, much worse for several months as a result. At least he's decent at the FT line and on short push shots. Even that could go away while he's overhauling his mechanics.
Yep. Definitely too late now. Should have started end of March.

Coaches better figure out something better than “well he just has to make the shots”.

Right now the simplest answer is to switch his offensive position with Flip and don’t feed the post as much. But that hurts Flip’s effectiveness. He’s not some lights out shooter either.

Whatever they try, it needs to have Mark receiving passes where he’s actually in a position to score. I don’t like clogged lanes either, but parking this guy 20+ feet from the basket is pointless as you’ve seen his man play a one man zone at the rim.

What about just starting Sean Stewart instead? Not that anyone cares about Sean's jumper, but at least you get more rebounding, rim protection, and vertical gravity.

Mitchell and Young would be disgusting spacing off the bench, but Mitchell could take advantage of Young's passing as a cutter.

So Tommy Lloyd at Arizona literally gave the blueprint on how to neuter our offense by refusing to guard Mitchell and other non shooters and Scheyer hasn’t figured out how to counter that yet, three weeks later? How many losses will it take for him to make an adjustment?

So Tommy Lloyd at Arizona literally gave the blueprint on how to neuter our offense by refusing to guard Mitchell and other non shooters and Scheyer hasn’t figured out how to counter that yet, three weeks later? How many losses will it take for him to make an adjustment?

All Scheyer needs to do is look at what Dan Hurley did last year. I forget his name but they had a really good player that couldn't shoot. It took them a few weeks to figure out how to counter teams "dorking" him but they eventually did and then rolled.

Benched for Ryan Young is ultimate humiliation.

This guy might quit basketball.

He can either use this as fuel to develop a jumpshot and make $100M in the NBA, or continue to be a bad player. Which one will it be?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom