Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mark Mitchell

Mark has been really good the last 5 games.

15.6 ppg and 8.6 rpg on 64/33/82 (TS=.701).

Also 7 assists, 4 steals, and 3 blocks in that span, against only 3 turnovers and 5 fouls committed.

The rebounding has been the coolest development though. He's really hunting the ball after a shot goes up. That play last night when Louisville had cut it to 49-46, and Mark sailed in to rebound a missed Flip 3 and immediately kick it out to Proctor for a made 3 was awesome.

Mark has been really good the last 5 games.

15.6 ppg and 8.6 rpg on 64/33/82 (TS=.701).

Also 7 assists, 4 steals, and 3 blocks in that span, against only 3 turnovers and 5 fouls committed.

The rebounding has been the coolest development though. He's really hunting the ball after a shot goes up. That play last night when Louisville had cut it to 49-46, and Mark sailed in to rebound a missed Flip 3 and immediately kick it out to Proctor for a made 3 was awesome.
We had @DukeBetter from Twitter on the podcast just now. He was saying that there are several metrics that point to Mitchell being the most impactful player on the team so far. I think he was pulling stuff from some of the more deep dive sites like CBB Analytics. Obviously, the widely available stats on places like sports-reference point to Mark as very good but more like third most important on the team after Flip and Roach.

There is an argument out there that says that this season has just been so disjointed with all of the injuries and once everyone is back and healthy at the same time, it will start to come together. That argument is bolstered a bit by the way Duke came on strong at the end of last year.

But right now at least, I'm getting more 2017 type vibes where we keep waiting for it all to come together, and while we might see flashes, it never does. And also the UNC angle...

There is an argument out there that says that this season has just been so disjointed with all of the injuries and once everyone is back and healthy at the same time, it will start to come together. That argument is bolstered a bit by the way Duke came on strong at the end of last year.

But right now at least, I'm getting more 2017 type vibes where we keep waiting for it all to come together, and while we might see flashes, it never does. And also the UNC angle...
I've made that argument. And the lineup data backs it up. The issue is that we're not going to get a great seed. Also, we've only got like 13 regular season games left. The "being healthy for an extended period of time and figuring it out" part needs to happen soon. But it will likely be postponed yet another week due to the latest Roach injury.

We need to claw our way to a 3 seed for me to feel ok. I don’t think there is a huge practical difference between 2 and 3 but that 4/5 line is a different animal because you have to slay the 1 seed in the S16.
True. You might run into some unstoppable badass like Dillon Brooks.
Yeah, and what would you even say to a guy like that in the handshake line?

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Duke player go in for an end-of-game dunk with the shot clock off and the opponent clearly conceding. K would have been mad. I didn’t catch Scheyer’s reaction.

*I don’t care at all that he did it.

The game wasn't "over", though; it was absolutely a spot where Wake should have fouled him but for some reason didn't. Forbes didn't even care, he was busy yelling at his own players for not contesting the basket.

Reminds me of the playoffs last month where Josh Allen was bracing to slide but the Steelers kind of just gave up and let him run by for the TD:

Last edited:
Yeah, the game was not over, it was a 2 possession game with 20 secs left we he got the ball. We've all seen teams comeback from worse situations than that.

Mark's been amazing in conference in general. But his last 10 games have been especially good.

He really should be 1st Team All-ACC if he keeps this up. He won't be. He doesn't have any media hype behind him. Flip could average 5ppg the rest of the way and still make 1st team.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 7.28.04 PM.png

It's crazy how night and day he looks physically from early in the season. His bounce, strength, balance, everything just looks so much better now.

Hopefully his summer of apparently doing nothing but playing video games will still tank his overall season stats enough that we'll get him for another year.

He's 35th in the country in FTR. I wish he was a good a FT this year as last, 76% vs 68%

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom