Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mark Mitchell

We still expecting him back? Our defensive frontcourt would be something else next year with his versatility.

I'm in the camp of wanting him back, and just pray that for a guy entering his junior season, he develops a more reliable 3pt shot. Front-court of Flagg-MM-Maluach with Stewart off the bench, and then give all the NIL to Roach and McCain to be the starting backcourt.

Something's been off with him the last two games. I thought on a few possessions he seemed to have a hard time changing direction on D, but I could have been reading too much into it.

Something's been off with him the last two games. I thought on a few possessions he seemed to have a hard time changing direction on D, but I could have been reading too much into it.
In the State game, I assumed the reason for his decreased minutes was just that Sean Stewart was playing so well. But in the UNC game, there wasn't that to point to. And yeah, he wasn't good in either game.

I want to see how he looks in Thursday's game before I conclude that he's secretly injured. It could just be two bad games.

I know he did not score, but Mitch made winning plays all over the place lastnight. Kind of like Flip vs Vermont
Agreed. Getting his fast break dunk blocked by JMU’s white guard was pretty embarrassing though.
That was a dumb "chasing the highlight" play. Bro, you already got onto the Duke 23-24 mixtape with that hammer in the lane off the press. Just drop it back to Proctor there. I think it was Proctor running with him. Can't remember.

To be fair to Mark, our spacing on that break sucked. Proctor needed to hang back more or go a bit wider to create more separation. Still would have been the right play to pass there.

Btw, I just watched the condensed game. Somehow there's no highlight of that fast break block. They had literally every other shot Mark missed. Guess what? They were all blocks. Getting blocked five times in six attempts is...not great.

Houston is #2 in block percentage. Mark and Flip get blocked a lot. They could legitimately set a record against us.

Last edited:
Houston is #2 in block percentage. Mark and Flip get blocked a lot. They could legitimately set a record against us.
Their best shot blocker, Francis, is reasonably healthy, I think. But their second-best shot-blocker is the guy they lost for the season March 4th, and their third-best guy, Roberts, is playing banged up. Hopefully that helps us not get packed too embarrassingly often.

Their best shot blocker, Francis, is reasonably healthy, I think. But their second-best shot-blocker is the guy they lost for the season March 4th, and their third-best guy, Roberts, is playing banged up. Hopefully that helps us not get packed too embarrassingly often.
I didn't know that. But they haven't slipped at all* in block percentage in the last 21 days since that injury despite playing seven games. That's a large enough sample to make me think that they're still very good at blocking shots.

*According to teamrankings.com their block percentage has slipped by 0.1% in that time.

He just doesn’t seem to understand angles very well. At least once per game (probably more) he’s under the backboard and thinks he can simply jump towards the rim and lay it in through a defender who has perfect position.

Yeah, one of the blocks I mentioned may have actually been him getting blocked by the rim. But given the position of the defender, I'm crediting it to the JMU player.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom