Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

I think senior Ryan Kelly was given a little less weight by Vegas. Same kind of situation where the backup (freshman Amile Jefferson) was surprisingly great in replacing him, but nothing like this season’s shift to zone, which has a chance to prove itself to be mostly player-proof today (i.e., it doesn’t matter much how unaware Bagley is in the corner of a 2-3). That’s the biggest thing to watch for - how many open layups or corner 3s are Bagley’s fault.

This is great news. He gets three games before the ACC Tournament, including two games (VT, and UNC) which will be great tests for our zone, especially with him now back in the line-up. I'm glad we don't have to worry about any chemistry issues ruining the NCAA Tournament from a returning injury stand point.

I imagine that for Bagley (and Duke in general) this Syracuse-VT stretch will be weird and difficult. We play Cuse tonight, then travel to VT for a Monday night game. However, Bagley will have plenty of time to get reintegrated as the team has 4 days to prepare for UNC.

Not sure K is capable of making a decision like this, but there's at least a non zero chance that if Bag sucks in the zone, K can confidently play Bol/Jav/Jac and say Bag is not in game shape.

In contrast, Ayton is apparently worth a ton to Arizona. Oregon was favored by 2 before the news last night, moved to 4 by morning. Now at 7!

It would be shocking if Ayton played tonight. There are probably other players who are at risk, too, since I can’t believe Ayton is worth 5 points. They have another 7-footer who is very good. No coach should be worth anything in a single game day, so I doubt any value is being given to Miller on the sidelines.

Might simply be a critical mass situation, like when Duke had 7 healthy players against Louisville. Arizona is running out of bodies.

In contrast, Ayton is apparently worth a ton to Arizona. Oregon was favored by 2 before the news last night, moved to 4 by morning. Now at 7!

It would be shocking if Ayton played tonight. There are probably other players who are at risk, too, since I can’t believe Ayton is worth 5 points. They have another 7-footer who is very good. No coach should be worth anything in a single game day, so I doubt any value is being given to Miller on the sidelines.

Might simply be a critical mass situation, like when Duke had 7 healthy players against Louisville. Arizona is running out of bodies.

May just be that the program/team is in such mass chaos that there’s a good chance they go out and lose by 30 given all of the turmoil. I mean they can’t be going through normal game prep today. Also may be a compounding effect- how can you win with (potentially) both Trier and Ayton out? No alphas.

Strong return. Cuse had a few corner looks from 3, but I did not see other defensive mistakes from Bags.

Not so great at trying to dribble through a zone, though. I'll chalk that up to his rustiness.

Clearly this is just me looking into stuff way too hard while bored at work today, but thought this was odd. (Again - I am just bullshitting at work, an wanted to see the groups thoughts)

Bagley posted on instagram this today...

If you notice in the comments, Mr. Bagley aka CoachBagley doesn't seem too happy his son is on instagram?

Again - just food for thought.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 43
I too would be pissed if I raised a son who didn't know how to properly crop a photo in 2018.

He is, to all appearances, a huge douchebag. He does stuff like criticize active players' shot selection on widely viewable social media.

Really feels like we've been better without him on the floor since he's been back.

Defense, we're clearly better without him. That's on him.

Offense, it's more that I'm not sure we're clearly better with him. I don't think that's his fault, though, as much as it is coaching. Everyone seems more active and involved when Javin and/or Bolden is in on the post. I assume it's because it forces our guards to be more assertive, rather than just sort of swinging it around passively.

Not sure what the solution is.

Hot take: The best player on the team should be getting more than 9 shots.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom