Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Maryland at Duke - Sat, Jan 26, 1:00pm CBS

aiw said:
Jeff Capel said in the post-game that Murphy had tweaked his knee in warmups and had to go back to the locker room. When he fell on defense, he grimaced, so they yanked him out. He grimaced because he was upset he didn't take a charge, not because he was hurt. Everyone else played so well, he didn't get put back in.

Also, as expected, no new info on Kelly.
I found out yesterday at the Chalk Talk from a guy that was basically third hand that a decision with Kelly will come next week whether Kelly comes back or has surgery.

K's been talking as if he's coming back at some point.

He's coming back then. K would never even hint at it unless he knew for sure. That's always been his MO.

I predict 1st two weeks of Feb

He just needs to be integrated back into the rotation fairly well in about 30 days. That's when the tough stretch begins: @Virginia, vs Miami, (vs VT), @UNC. Duke can be fine without him until then, losing maybe 2 more games. A fully integrated Kelly would be the difference between 2-2 and 4-0 in those last 4 games.

Was rewatching this game.

So after giving up a ton of rebounds and buckets to Wells, Sulaimon gets yanked and gets a talking to. According to Coach K's postgame, he simply nodded his head and said "I got you, Coach. I'll do better." And then he promptly goes back out on the floor, deflects a pass, hits a three while getting fouled, makes the FT, takes a charge on the other end, makes another three and then another. Pretty good response by a freshman.

Also, fuck Clark Kellogg with his maniacal laughter every time a Maryland player scored.

Another thing I loved was the play where Amile ran the floor, received the long outlet from Cook, got his shot blocked, and then Curry hit the three. Even though Jefferson didn't make the shot, after he came back to the bench he got a bunch of enthusiastic chest shoves from Hairston, the guy whose minutes he's taking. Love the team mentality.

Also, I wish Plumlee had Charles Mitchell's footwork. I can't remember the last big we had that had really great footwork. Seems there are three-star bigs at every other school who have better fundamentals than our guys.

Got to love Coach K giving TT a fist bump after TT gets a deflection/near steal.

rome8180 said:
Also, I wish Plumlee had Charles Mitchell's footwork. I can't remember the last big we had that had really great footwork. Seems there are three-star bigs at every other school who have better fundamentals than our guys.

Indeed. The last guy I can think of that fits that criteria would be Boozer. Although he was undersized, he had some nice post moves (think 2001 title game vs. Loren Woods as an example)

rome8180 said:

Yeah I've always noticed this. All sorts of teams have guys that seem like polished products that I don't remember ever hearing from in HS. Like Howell at State or Olynyk at Gonzaga.

The Plumlees just make everything seem so much harder than it is.

Olynyk was from Canada (and seemingly a late-ish bloomer). Not much hype for Canadians who don't go to the USA to play high school ball. Kevin Pangos would be an exception to this. The Zags are finding good talent up here. I was happy to see Sacre make an NBA roster this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom