Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matt Jones

I like his confidence. 3 for 10 on 3s is obviously not great, but his overall percentage remains solid.

Not a great body of work overall, but he made some key plays: namely knocking down a 3 and forcing a turnover late. He is the new TT; y'all have to recognize.

torontoduke said:
Not a great body of work overall, but he made some key plays: namely knocking down a 3 and forcing a turnover late. He is the new TT; y'all have to recognize.

He's a better version of Thornton. He's taller and more athletic and has more offensive game than Thornton.

If Jones would stop getting blocked all of the time whenever he drives his offensive game would look a lot better. He's an underrated player for us, in my opinion.

I'm not really sure what Jones provides us that Grayson couldn't. Considering production now and potential development for future seasons, it would have been nice if Allen could've taken some of Jones' minutes, but at this point the rotation is what it is.

Also, his posture is weird.

I think it is the D, Skins. Not sure if the stats support this, but that is what it appears to be from my perspective.

He shot a free throw that eventually bounced off the top of the backboard twice. Don't think I've seen that.

I do not disagree with earlier posts stating that Winslow may be the best bet for containing Delon Wright; however, I worry about JW picking up fouls on the perimeter. Maybe Duke should try putting Matt Jones on Wright initially; if Jones gets into fouls trouble, Allen can relieve him (which may force Duke to change the matchups). If JW gets into foul trouble, Duke will be hurting (no comparable bench option).

I believe Matt is better suited to this assignment than Quinn or Tyus based on Wright's size.

I'm sure Matt will see his fair share of Wright but I still want Winslow on him the most.

Allen's defense has significantly improved, but he still makes some dumb plays occasionally. In the last game he was a foul machine (though I though one was a bad call).

Matt doesn't seem to foul as much on defense as he used to. I agree that he needs to stop with the drives or figure out how to be more effective in the lane. Contrary to popular opinion, his handle isn't bad. He rarely turns the ball over when he goes into the lane. The problem is that he has no lift and so it's easy to block his shot. If he's going to keep driving, maybe use a floater? I saw him use one in high school.

Allen will of course be better for us eventually.

rome8180 said:
Allen's defense has significantly improved, but he still makes some dumb plays occasionally. In the last game he was a foul machine (though I though one was a bad call).

Matt doesn't seem to foul as much on defense as he used to. I agree that he needs to stop with the drives or figure out how to be more effective in the lane. Contrary to popular opinion, his handle isn't bad. He rarely turns the ball over when he goes into the lane. The problem is that he has no lift and so it's easy to block his shot. If he's going to keep driving, maybe use a floater? I saw him use one in high school.

Allen will of course be better for us eventually.

It looked like Allen swatted the guy in the head on the one play but I think it was actually his shoulder and could have even a play on.

On the subject of Matt it seems like he has changed his jumper at Duke. His release looked more like Kevin Durant's in high school and now I don't know, it's just ugly.

Kevin Durant??

His release looked like a 4th-grader's in high school. From his chest, and released on the way up.

TyusStones5 said:
It looked like Allen swatted the guy in the head on the one play but I think it was actually his shoulder and could have even a play on.
Allen did swat at the guy...

....because the guy ran over him from behind.

Matt Jones release reminds me of a seven year old girl throwing a baseball.

carly-rae-jepsen-first-pitch.jpg

Pantone287 said:
Kevin Durant??

His release looked like a 4th-grader's in high school. From his chest, and released on the way up.

Yes sir Durant, Pantonio. Not the result but the shooting form or at least it was when he was in some all-star game with Berry but maybe he was experimenting with it.

DukeCrow said:
So Durant shot like a girl in high school? He's come a long way.

When Matt was in high school dummy!

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom