Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matt Jones

Was pretty solid against UVA. He has a decent all-around game.

His shooting will be fine.

He was really, really good tonight. Played good offense, hit shots, put backs, rebounded, and was an energy guy.

Only bad thing I can remember was almost turning the ball over and inexplicably falling to the ground despite no contact.

He might be starting to finally "get it" and turn into a high quality four year player.

He will forever get a bump in adoration from me for simply not being Sheed

DurhamSon said:
He was really, really good tonight. Played good offense, hit shots, put backs, rebounded, and was an energy guy.

Only bad thing I can remember was almost turning the ball over and inexplicably falling to the ground despite no contact.

He might be starting to finally "get it" and turn into a high quality four year player.

Someone has to honor Rasheed.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
DurhamSon said:

Someone has to honor Rasheed.
Our team floor slap may need to turn into a team flop for solidarity.

DurhamSon said:

The falling down was his Sheed homage.

I'm really happy with the way he's responded to his added responsibilities. He looks completely different than the guy we hated just a few games back. Hopefully - unlike Sheed - he can maintain some level of consistency.

I wish he'd go with a little higher release point on his drives. He's not bad going to the rim as he's big enough to absorb some contact without bouncing away. He just keeps doing the little underhand scoop that gets swatted way to easily. Get your arms up and out son and you'll get the shot off or get a call.

He's physical so he should be able to draw fouls better than Sheed.

His FT shooting is at least respectable this year, unlike last year.

It's funny, but he just seems like he has better posture or body language since Sheed got booted. Am I imagining this?

rhfarmer said:
It's funny, but he just seems like he has better posture or body language since Sheed got booted. Am I imagining this?
He def feels less tentative to me...more like he was at the very start of the season. Probably doesn't need to worry about competing with an asshole for minutes and can just go out and play

rome8180 said:
He's physical so he should be able to draw fouls better than Sheed.

His FT shooting is at least respectable this year, unlike last year.

I feel like Matt Jones and Nate James were very, very different players as high school seniors.
I think that Matt Jones and Nate James can be very similar players as college seniors.

After all, 55% of the letters in their names are the same.

Nice charge down the stretch but it didn't make up for all his stupid shit today

Yeah, he had a rough night. Aside from the charge, the only positive was his fight for rebounds.

Pretty much. Not a good game. He missed three wide open looks. Glad he kept his head in the game enough to take that charge, though.

Have to respect his willingness to scrap for loose balls/boards. He helped out with some big possessions.

What a fucking game. Rewatched a bit when I got home and goddamn did he make a ton of big little plays down the stretch. A baby Thornton coming into his own.

The lane violation was pure, unadulterated idiocy. Why are you even stepping in the lane on the first shot of two? Good thing he redeemed himself, and we won.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom