Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matthew Hurt

Should a team that has had as many problems with injury over the past decade really seek to add a player named Hurt? For his own good, should Matthew Hurt risk playing for Duke? What are the odds this guy snaps his femur on court next year if he plays in CIS? Would this put Big Hoss in mortal danger?

Or maybe we just stare death in the eyes and say fuck you, and Hurt keeps us safe from harm all year.

I would imagine Matthew Hurt is almost official to Duke with the news that Tre Jones is returning. Both are from Minnesota, Tre is a good point guard that everyone wants to play with, etc.

I'm really curious what Chris Bunn was alluding to in an earlier post about Hurt. Is it that he's a gigantic dickhead and turns others off? Or something else?

I'm really curious what Chris Bunn was alluding to in an earlier post about Hurt. Is it that he's a gigantic dickhead and turns others off? Or something else?

Matthew seems like a great kid. I liken the situation to Kris Humphries if you remember that. 10-15 years ago, K wouldnt put up with the shit he does now, for some reason.

Kris Humphries was kind of a dick, and if K is putting up with that then he'd lose a lot of my respect, not that he gives a crap.

^Yeah, that's what I remember. Wanted to ensure KH was in a featured role, regardless of how he played.

Humphries also turned out to be the missing 5 fouls and rebounding the team needed against Emeka. Maybe Hurt will fill that role against whatever dominant international white big Michigan puts out there next season.

Strangely, aren't both Hurt and Humphries from Minnesota? Then again the great state of Minnesota gave us the Jones boys.

That's what I've been saying. The insistence on projecting him as a 3 has always struck me as bizarre.

I feel like there should be a quiz to be allowed membership on this board. One question should be: 1) Do you like small ball? Do you understand its benefits? Or do you think this in 1985?

Fucking Memphis, man. Hopefully when they're awful despite all the elite recruits things will return to normal.

Despite the above clip, watching him tonight makes it clear he should be guarding college 4s, not 3s. Smooth stroke, good passer. I think we definitely want this guy.

See this is exactly the type of defense I wish we'd teach. Instead, he'll get blown by due to being all up in the grill of a guard 30 feet from the basket. Worth it, though, for the 1% chance he gets a steal.

Yeah the clip is definitely a mixed bag but staying with his man that is attempting to drive and make a play in the beginning is at least encouraging.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom