Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matthew Hurt

Yeah the clip is definitely a mixed bag but staying with his man that is attempting to drive and make a play in the beginning is at least encouraging.
I just liked the fundamentals of it. He sags off just a bit and forms a wall with his body. He's in position to both contest the shot and take away the drive.

Kind of pissed that WatchESPN has no replay of it. There's absolutely no reason for that.

I enjoy watching this guy play. He's still my favorite prospect in the class, although a year ago, I was kind of imagining he'd get stronger and become more of a rim protector like Tyler Lydon. That ain't happening, but if he's basically Justin Jackson or Keith Van Horn, that's such a valuable piece on next year's squad. He should be a great big-to-big entry passer to Carey, a great guy to send to the middle of the paint to make plays against a zone (USA coach did this a lot last night), and, hopefully, our best and highest-volume three-point shooter.

Also, Isaiah Stewart is not very good. He posts up a lot and is terrible at it.

The scouts/media have been raving about him in all of the practices/scrimmages leading up to the McD game and last Friday's game. I agree he had a bad game but I can't discount all of the hype he's been getting for weeks. I think his rebounding rates were incredible for AAU if I remember correctly. Carey's were not, which is why I had wanted Stewart over Carey. I think I feel more strongly about that if Hurt is going to play big minutes at the 4, which he should/probably will.

Hurt seemed to be active on the boards and I even saw him boxing out. That's something I'm not used to seeing as a Duke fan.

The scouts/media have been raving about him in all of the practices/scrimmages leading up to the McD game and last Friday's game. I agree he had a bad game but I can't discount all of the hype he's been getting for weeks. I think his rebounding rates were incredible for AAU if I remember correctly. Carey's were not, which is why I had wanted Stewart over Carey. I think I feel more strongly about that if Hurt is going to play big minutes at the 4, which he should/probably will.
Yeah, I am probably overreacting to a single game of basketball. I just feel like all he did is travel (called and uncalled), show an awful touch, badly miss some FTs, and get called for a goaltend.

The guy I would happily trade Carey for is Wiseman.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom