Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Matthew Hurt

Duh, I forgot Brand. Obviously he's #1. So I guess that makes Hurt #4 for me. Hurt is a better offensive player than Tre, but Tre gets the edge for me for his all-around play and for leading a good team.

TwADs: 1. Brand, 2.Tre, 3. Luke, 4. Hurt, 5. Avery, 6. McBobs.

ThreADs: 1. Henderson 2. (TIE) Shav/Bolden

Shav = the white Bolden? Or Bolden = Black Shav? Both highly rated prospects who never quite fulfilled their potential and then left to go undrafted. Fewer pump fakes from Bolden though.

Synergy does this differently than we're accustomed to. May be better or may be worse than sports-reference or Kenpom. It says a lot that a sophomore who was arguably the best offensive player in the country is not among Duke's top 3 two and dones.

So the ThAD team looks like:

Jay Will
Henderson
Dunleavy
Boozer
Shav/Bolden

Honestly, this might have been better than the other two teams if that last position hadn't ruined it.

Synergy does this differently than we're accustomed to. May be better or may be worse than sports-reference or Kenpom. It says a lot that a sophomore who was arguably the best offensive player in the country is not among Duke's top 3 two and dones.

With the exception of Trump, it really was a banner year for white men.

Sad that he never got to play in the NCAAT. I enjoyed his scoring prowess, despite his porous defense. Without him, 2021 would have been 2020 UNC-level ugly.

I believe Mason Plumlee was listed at 6'10", 235 in college (according to both sports-reference and my memory). Why does Hurt seem so much smaller?

I believe Mason Plumlee was listed at 6'10", 235 in college (according to both sports-reference and my memory). Why does Hurt seem so much smaller?

Mason actually measured over 6'11 barefoot at the combine, so he just was 1.75" taller.

Fair. I was just going by his listed Duke height. I'm even surprised at the weight though. I know Mason was a slender big, but he seemed more than six pounds heavier than Hurt (238.2 at the combine). I guess it's just because of how much more physical Mason was, especially as a senior.

I genuinely expected something like 6'9", 220 for Hurt.

I think it's because he has the legs of a 300 pounder and the shoulders of a young boy. Probably just unfortunate genetics in that respect - it's like the opposite of the AD/Giannis scrawny body type where they always had broad shoulders even before there were any muscles on them.

This from Ball Durham website. Awesome!

Matthew Hurt now doing what the Duke basketball sniper does best
On Friday, Hurt was one of six prospects to work out for the Los Angeles Lakers, who own one pick in the first round (No. 22) and none in the second. Then on Saturday morning, the former five-star recruit out of Minnesota dazzled a bit in front of the Houston Rockets, who boast three picks in the first round (Nos. 2, 23, and 24) and none in the second.

And according to Charlie Max Torres, who’s best known as Klay Thompson’s trainer but has recently been working with Hurt, he went 75-for-100 from downtown as Houston brass looked on.

That’ll work.

He does seem to have realistic Korver potential as that “best spot up shooter in the world for 15 years” kind of career, where he makes like $15M a year playing only for title contenders during his prime. Had he stuck around for more seasons at Duke, or if his one great season weren’t so awful for the team as a whole, I think he’d be remembered as a top 3-5 shooter in Duke history.

He's going to have a crucial stretch during his rookie contract where his only job will be to figure out how to not be completely unplayable due to defense. If he can progress to merely "hideable liability", he'll be a valuable piece in the NBA.

Lakers would be kind of a perfect fit, actually. If there were ever a pair of forwards that he could sheepishly hide behind when not prancing about jacking threes, it's AD and LeBron.

I wonder, when evaluating Hurt's prospects, how valuable Ryan Kelly would be were he being drafted now instead of 7-8 years ago?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom