Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Huge news for gamblers. I don’t think any regular season baseball fans remain alive.

I didn't realize until I started working in the sports gambling industry just how huge regular season baseball is to them. There are so many freaking odds you can bet on.

That's pretty wild. He can probably retire on what he's already made, so why not do it?

Spicy! I would ban both the agent and Freeman, just to make sure we have fairly punished whoever is wrong.

Also Brett Saberhagen Day. Owed him $250,000 and he last pitched for them in 1995.

First of 3 19 inning games I’ve been to in my life. I was 9. Game was delayed like 2 hours because of rain and it was so hot and humid in the concourse that old people were passing out. Gooden started and Darling ended it. Hernandez hit for the cycle. This homer by a reliever was one of the most depressing moments in my life to that point. We watched the fireworks from the car in the parking lot at 3:30 am, July 5th.

I'm super casual baseball fan who only watches deep into the playoffs and world series, but doesn't this make him one of the best players of the last 100 years or so? Being able to excel so highly as a two way player, or does the DH mitigate the importance of that overall? Is it just that a super ace like Kershaw or mega slugger like prime Bonds is more valuable regardless?

Last edited:
I'm not sure why this is the case, or how it can be, but it's refreshing seeing a dominant, two-way MVP type on a team with a losing record and fans not stupid enough to reflexively shout But if he's so good why can't he lead them to victory? No clutch gene like you would see in any other sport

He's an incredible, incredible player. Seems like every day he's doing something historic.

Reactions: aiw
He led the league in WAR by a huge margin last year, so just objectively, if he keeps doing this, he will be remembered as the most valuable player in modern baseball history. He's not #1 so far this year, though.

It's really impressive how the Angels are going to manage wasting 3 of the all time greats by having nobody else worth a damn on their roster. They wasted Pujols. They've wasted Trout. Now they're going to waste Ohtani. Contract the Angels and put them both on a good team like the Braves for example. :tearsofjoy:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom