Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Very happy about banning the shifts and limiting pick-off/step-offs. Baseball could get pretty exciting again.

I think banning the shift will have a pretty minimal impact (batting average on balls in play might tick up by a percentage point or two), but increasing the pace of play is huge. Almost every pitcher in baseball will be impacted by this. There are only 22 pitchers who average faster than 15 seconds between pitches with the bases empty, and only 20 who average faster than 20 seconds between pitches with runners on.

Two things:

1. Cool that official accounts like this are not hiding the fact that whatever Judge ends up with will be the real record, until he tests positive for PEDs.

2. Amazing how far baseball has fallen, that like 70% of the country has no idea who Judge is. Probably a triple crown season with the homerun record.

Say what you will about Selig but he used the steroid era to capitalize on baseball's popularity and do something with it. Granted, he drove that blimp into the ground but Manfred's approach seems to be complete apathy and negligence. Better to fly for a day than only ever dream of the sky.

On track for 12 x $55M next offseason, which would be a steal for the team. $35M for Cy Young pitcher, $20M for Silver Slugger DH.

Made the bad decision to fly to NY to go to the Mets game Saturday night.

Made the bad decision to fly to NY to go to the Mets game Saturday night.
I’ll be in NY this weekend and don’t have any plans for Saturday night. Should I go to the Mets game?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom