Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

The player I don't understand the appeal of is Sochan. He's a 6'9" dude, so likely too small to play center. He shot under 30% from three. What could his NBA role possibly be? Does he have a great stroke or elite handle or something scouts think will translate into perimeter skill?

Hollinger reported Blazers are looking to trade pick 7 for a veteran, with Jerami Grant as the most obvious target right now. If they're not going to trade Lillard and rebuild, then I guess this makes sense. Grant plus some decent back end rotation piece for 7 plus a bad contract makes sense.

Pistons getting Shaedon Sharpe and Dyson Daniels out of this would be spectacular.

Pistons would have to take the worst contract on the Blazers (which is fine and possibly a net positive for the Pistons) and throw in a sweetener the Blazers actually want, which is a tough match. I don't think the Blazers want picks or someone like Killian Hayes, who might take another 2 years to show any potential. Lillard might be asking for this, which would reduce their leverage to whatever other teams are willing to offer for #7.

Blazers don't have long contracts other than Lillards (and what they sign Simons to this summer). The Pistons would have to take one year of Bledsoe at $19 million.

Technically only $4 million of Bledsoe's contract is guaranteed. I assume they can't trade for him as a $19 million contract and then only pay him $4 million though.

Last edited:
The Pistons have basically unlimited cap space to absorb salaries. They need to do what OKC has been doing and take on distressed assets for picks. As Childress is saying, I don't think the Blazers offer much in the way of distressed assets.

They should reach out to the Knicks. Assuming the cap is around $115 million, the Pistons have $30 million in space without even renouncing any player options. Looks like they could get to around $46 million, assuming they only keep Stewart and Bey. Could be a little less if they decide to bring Bagley back.

A Randle-Bagley frontcourt would help them extend the tank indefinitely.

I think the only player I might take over Sharpe is Chet Holmgren. And that's only because I believe Holmgren wasn't fully utilized in college and could be more like the high school version of himself in the NBA. But I really don't see the arguments for Jabari Smith or Paolo over this.

I didn't realize Keegan Murray had a college basketball season comparable to Zion, Anthony Davis, and Brandon Clarke. Holy hell.

Not sure that he fits with Zion and Ingram, but they should draft him anyway if he's still available. 135 offensive rating. PER of 37.8. BPM of 15.7. TS of 64%. Solid offensive and defensive rebounding percentages. Low turnover percentage despite 30% usage.

I agree he'd be totally worth drafting at 8, but I'd be pretty surprised if he gets past Detroit/Sacramento at 4 and 5.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom