Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

After making the worst trade of the trade deadline, the Kings have redeemed themselves for flipping Marvin Bagley into Donte Divincenzo.

I blame Steve Nash for this shit, btw. If he hadn't overplayed the fucking shit out of Harden last year, and Durant this year, no injuries and they would have cruised to a title and none of this discontent would be there

I think the Harden trade makes both teams better. Was the ceiling with Harden, Kyrie, and Durant higher? Sure. But given Harden's health and their defensive struggles, I think this makes more sense.

Nash has shown he won't be afraid to play Simmons at center. Kyrie, Curry is a bad defensive backcourt. But with all the shooting, they have the option of sticking a defender at the 3 position. Maybe they can find someone as a buyout.

If I'm the Nets, I'm calling Sacramento right now and offering them Harris and the two first for Harrison Barnes. Would seem like overpay, but one of those firsts is not that good. And Harris is injured and on a questionable contract. I think he and Barnes make around the same amount, so the trade should work.

With COVID mandates falling quickly by the wayside, Kyrie's probably going to be allowed to play in every game in the near future, or at least every playoff game.

Kyrie
Seth
Bruce
Kevin
Benjamin

With tons of depth currently (some injured for the time being), in Mills, Harris, Claxton, Griffin, Aldridge, Duke, Johnson, Thomas.

I think the Harden trade makes both teams better. Was the ceiling with Harden, Kyrie, and Durant higher? Sure. But given Harden's health and their defensive struggles, I think this makes more sense.

Nash has shown he won't be afraid to play Simmons at center. Kyrie, Curry is a bad defensive backcourt. But with all the shooting, they have the option of sticking a defender at the 3 position. Maybe they can find someone as a buyout.

I like the deal better for Brooklyn, especially looking ahead to a potential finals against GS. Simmons + KD is nasty defensively, won't need a true center against them anyway so can afford to go small. At a minimum, you gain three rotation pieces, the ability to use Drummond against the Embiids or Aytons of the world while still being able to go small ball against teams with lumbering bigs.

Let's see what the Nets do with all their assets. I can easily imagine James Frauden in the playoffs again, making Sixers fans yearn for Simmons. I don't like the Sixers makeup at all.

Embiid vs center Simmons matchup would be amazing.

What actually is Harden's value? I feel like it's hard to tell because he's approaching his mid 30s now and his play this year seems to be suffering from the hamstring injury last year. He could just be dogging it though because he knows he's still doing at least twice as much as Kyrie.

What actually is Harden's value? I feel like it's hard to tell because he's approaching his mid 30s now and his play this year seems to be suffering from the hamstring injury last year. He could just be dogging it though because he knows he's still doing at least twice as much as Kyrie.
Paying Harden the rest of what's he's owed this year for what he'll give you down the stretch in a Playoff push seems totally fine, despite a bit of Playoff underperformance. The value questions will come into play in the cost and length of the extension. What can they even do without finding a taker for Tobias Harris's massive contract?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom