Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Adam Silver is actually talking about changing the playoffs to the top 16 teams instead of the current format. Division winners are automatically in and then the next 10 teams with the best record get in. Everything would be seeded by record. That would be fantastic.

Divisions are absolutely pointless, though. Its conceivable that there could be a division without a worthy playoff team, although thats not the case this year. If you're going to do away with conferences having any playoff implications, might as well do the same with divisions.

Only issue with all of this is scheduling. If you want the 16 best records, but don't do a true round robin schedule, some team is going to get screwed by playing a really difficult schedule while another team will be overseeded by playing a shit schedule.

Good point, as shitty teams sometimes win a shitty division and receive a higher seed.

best4heisman said:
Divisions are absolutely pointless, though. Its conceivable that there could be a division without a worthy playoff team, although thats not the case this year. If you're going to do away with conferences having any playoff implications, might as well do the same with divisions.

DurhamSon said:
Cleveland is i third after today. That was fast.

They look poised to take the 2 spot by the end of the regular season.

anthony-davis-eyebrow.gif

Posted in my work hipchat today

Blake Griffin out likely 4-6 weeks with a staph infection in his elbow. He will likely need surgery. Clippers are in sixth place in the West so we may get a Clippers/Warriors first round matchup.

Going to be annoying to see the Cavs float from a 3-seed to a 5-seed for weeks, depending on who lost recently. Need another streak to put some distance between them and these teams.

Also annoying to see a 111-88 lead become 120-115. If I was an NBA efficiency guru, I would be raging at the Cavs' backups.

rome8180 said:
Going to be annoying to see the Cavs float from a 3-seed to a 5-seed for weeks, depending on who lost recently. Need another streak to put some distance between them and these teams.

Also annoying to see a 111-88 lead become 120-115. If I was an NBA efficiency guru, I would be raging at the Cavs' backups.

120-105, not 120-115. They got outscored 17-8 in the last five minutes. That's not great, but some of that was the Lakers hitting a couple of long threes.

Yeah, I meant to write 105.

It's not something I really care about, but in Duke games it gives me a migraine as I watch our hard-earned Kenpom numbers destroyed. The best thing about Sheed and Semi's transfers are that there are fewer bench players to fuck things up.

Chuck is the best in the world at having something funny/interesting to say about an NBA game at halftime even though about 95% of NBA regular season games are boring. Beyond that, you just kinda have to ignore him.

This is huge. Synergy Sports stats available for free now. Look at Irving and Redick all over these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom