Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

The point was that Irving was less a part of Duke than every other Duke player in the NBA currently. I should probably just add a non-sensationalized translation on all of my posts going forward to not offend anyone's reasonableness detector.

That's the thing we disagree on. I feel like of the one-and-done guys (not counting this year's crew), he's maybe done the most in terms of still trying to be a part of the program, whether it's time on campus, social media, being in frequent touch with his teammates who stayed at Duke, or whatever.

Yeah, I don't think we will end up agreeing that Kyrie had more of an impact on Duke basketball, good or bad, than a single other Duke player in the NBA right now. I guess I focus on games/minutes played more than normal. I know John Calipari and Kentucky fans vehemently disagree with my perspective, since they claim Enes Kanter as a Kentucky legend.

Okay, I said I would be happy if either team won. I take that back. Fuck Golden State and the horseshoe up their ass (as DSon would say). Only team in the entire playoffs untouched by injury.

Cavs needed two things to have a chance in this series. 1) Win Game One. 2) Have Kyrie relatively healthy. They got neither.

Huge discussion on RCF right now about Drederick Irving apparently being kind of an ass (again) with the Cavs FO over this, and wanting to hold Kyrie out for the rest of the series, Lol. Apparently stormed into the lockerroom last night, got into a heated discussion with someone, and stormed out.

Are we ever going to get a good pro who isn't associated with a fucking diva?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Yeah, I don't think we will end up agreeing that Kyrie had more of an impact on Duke basketball, good or bad, than a single other Duke player in the NBA right now. I guess I focus on games/minutes played more than normal. I know John Calipari and Kentucky fans vehemently disagree with my perspective, since they claim Enes Kanter as a Kentucky legend.

Dude was the #1 pick. That alone has a massive positive effect on our program and recruiting.

Drederick [Dad], Wechsler [Agent] and several of Irving's friends gathered outside the Cavs locker room and began talking with emotion about the situation. Wechsler pulled Cavs general manager David Griffin aside to discuss it.

There's been some tension between these two sides for weeks now.

Still not as bad as going to K's office to ask why their son, who has been shooting like an anti-analytics asshole and playing absolutely no defense, was benched at the end of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
DurhamSon said:
Huge discussion on RCF right now about Drederick Irving apparently being kind of an ass (again) with the Cavs FO over this, and wanting to hold Kyrie out for the rest of the series, Lol. Apparently stormed into the lockerroom last night, got into a heated discussion with someone, and stormed out.

Are we ever going to get a good pro who isn't associated with a fucking diva?

Fortunately Kyrie's an adult with his own income of millions of dollars now. Drederick doesn't have a say unless Kyrie wants to listen to him.

BTW, that was the best defense I've ever seen Kyrie play. That's part of what sucks about this. Seeing him throw his jersey down as he walked back to the locker room was pretty frustrating.

I don't only care about Irving as a "Duke player," though that obviously plays into it.

I root for him mostly because he's incredibly exciting to watch.

Pantone287 said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Dude was the #1 pick. That alone has a massive positive effect on our program and recruiting.

Unfortunately that's something that can't be proven at all, so we're just expressing differing opinions with no resolution. As long as we all realize that's all this is, and this isn't a TDD thread that must have an ultimate survivor at the end, I don't really care how anyone personally values different Duke players relative to each other. Duke had the best or close to best recruiting in the country for every 5-year, 10-year, 15-year, 20-year, 25-year and 30-year period since the mid-80s. Irving didn't change that massively.

For example, Dunleavy won a title for Duke. That national title is probably something that has added long term value to the Duke basketball program and recruiting, though that can't be proven either. Lots of the Duke players in the NBA besides Irving have probably enhanced the program image and recruiting by helping Duke to actually win a large number of basketball games, including national title games. Winning games is good for a basketball program.

Something (this tweet) tells me the Cavs will not win the series counting on Lebron iso vs. Iguodala. Should try to run plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCCUknow said:
Fucking Lebron and his step back bullshit three.

I knew the second he took the ball out of KI's hands on that last possession that the game was fucking finished, didn't think the season as well.

The spiteful fan in me kind of hopes that Curry and Bogut both tear their ACL's next season to make up for this fucking horseshit season

All I know is Jordan used to keep his teammates healthy by making those shots. You never heard about BJ Armstrong's knee blowing up in overtime.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom