Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Pulling for Kyrie but really I don't care and might not even watch any of it unless I see that a game is close late. Golden State is fun to watch and other than having Barnes, I wouldn't mind them winning at all.

I am rooting for the cavs, because (1) Kyrie, (2) fuck Harrison Barnes, and (3) I want to see peak Lebron drop 40,15, and 15 one of these games and just ascend into the heavens for entertainment value

Yeah, more than either team, I'm rooting for epic individual performances from Lebron/Irving/Curry, while Draymond leads all players by a mile in plus-minus. I think we will get 1 game by Curry that the Cavs can't possibly overcome and 2-3 games from Lebron/Irving combined that the Warriors can't possibly overcome (these are the only types of games the Cavs should be able to win, IMO). Possibly 1 of those games from Thompson as well. I'm really hoping that it all comes together at once in game seven.

NCCUknow said:
I am rooting for the cavs, because (1) Kyrie, (2) fuck Harrison Barnes, and (3) I want to see peak Lebron drop 40,15, and 15 one of these games and just ascend into the heavens for entertainment value

I mean, this is the only correct answer here. You guys rooting for antichrist Harrison Barnes over savior Kyrie Irving are dead to me. How quickly we forgot the miserable depths of 2009...

If Barnes's decision to pick UNC had had any negative consequences for Duke, I might care. Instead, Duke immediately won a title, UNC went to the NIT, Duke has won the vast majority of the head-to-head matchups since then, Barnes struggled for most of his first year and unexpectedly stayed for a second season, UNC has not gotten past the Elite Eight, Duke won yet another title, and UNC is in the middle of an athletic and academic scandal which has been disastrous to their recruiting.

All that said, I'm still rooting for the Cavs.

rome8180 said:
If Barnes's decision to pick UNC had had any negative consequences for Duke, I might care. Instead, Duke immediately won a title, UNC went to the NIT, Duke has won the vast majority of the head-to-head matchups since then, Barnes struggled for most of his first year and unexpectedly stayed for a second season, UNC has not gotten past the Elite Eight, Duke won yet another title, and UNC is in the middle of an athletic and academic scandal which has been disastrous to their recruiting.

All that said, I'm still rooting for the Cavs.

I must be less forgiving, because I still think he's a piece of shit and can't stand him, regardless of his lack of accomplishment post-dicking us over. Plus, the Kyrie thing.

Barnes is on my favorite team and I still think he's a piece of shit. As long as he's on the Warriors, I want him to do well. Once he leaves, fuck him. Until then, it's always "good job fuckhead" when he does something productive.

As far as Duke NBA guys go, Irving is pretty much at the bottom of my list for caring. He's our current best, and he's on a Finals team, so we have to root for him more than any other, but I'd much rather see Tyus leading a second unit on a title team next season.

My personal ranking of current Duke NBA guys in terms of wanting to see win a title:

Ryan Kelly
Elton Brand
JJ Redick
Gerald Henderson
Luol Deng
Lance Thomas
Kyle Singler
Austin Rivers
Carlos Boozer
Dahntay Jones
Miles Plumlee
Mason Plumlee
Mike Dunleavy
Kyrie Irving
Rodney Hood
Josh McRoberts
Jabari Parker

Uhh. Carlos Boozer in front of Mason Plumlee?

Kyrie winning one probably does more for our image than someone like Dunleavy does, which is mostly what determines my NBA rooting interests. Plus, he'd have a hell of a lot more to do with his team winning one than someone like Kelly would.

Mason has about 10 more years than Boozer does left to win a title.

Irving played 0 more ACC games and 3 more NCAA Tournament games for Duke than JR Smith did for UNC. UNC fans will claim to be ecstatic for JR Smith when he wins a title. That will be ridiculous.

Fucking blows that Kyrie is hurt, absolutely blows. I LOVE watching him play even when he was torching the Warriors tonight. Him going down ruined the entire game, depressing.

LeBron pwns GS, it's just unreal how god damn great he is against them every single time.

oh god, if Jabari won a title, could you imagine the Gatorade ads that would follow? That can't happen.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Irving played 0 more ACC games and 3 more NCAA Tournament games for Duke than JR Smith did for UNC. UNC fans will claim to be ecstatic for JR Smith when he wins a title. That will be ridiculous.

Nah, fuck that false equivalence. Kyrie was part of our team for a whole season. He was on the bench, cheering his teammates. I assume he attended practices. He did a shitton of rehab. After his first year, he's spent more time on campus than our other OADs, taking classes during the lockout and part of at least one other summer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom