Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Bucks are a high ceiling roster with a small chance of reaching that ceiling. MCW (24% 3pt), Giannis (16% 3pt) and Parker (25% 3pt) need to learn how to shoot. Until at least one of those guys develops some range to go with Middleton, that starting lineup is a disaster on offense. Monroe is going to be their most efficient player by taking lots of post ups, and that's far from ideal - basically the Bobcats/Hornets of the Al Jefferson era. Parker also needs to learn how to defend. MCW is a killer defender, Middleton is very good, and I assume Giannis is on his way to getting there, so that will help Parker and Monroe not be eaten alive on pick and roll as much as they normally would on just about any other team. Parker and Monroe just strike me as NBA fat guys who will never excel on defense, though.

I do think Cavs can beat them though. Their defense took a hit with the loss of Splitter, who was when healthy an extremely mobile and top notch PnR defender, and they are going to lose their bench advantage before this is all done in addition to the depth they've currently lost. Not to mention unless there's a miraculous turn around, Tony Parker is a huge net negative player.

So Duncan plans to play until he's 43 years old, got it. Looks like Spurs/Cavs will be the next four finals as well

Last edited by a moderator:

16 PER guy for minimum contract. No big deal, just a potential 16-0 run through the toughest playoff path possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
David West is damn near washed up, but he's still better than Matt Bonner and Jeff Ayres, who are forced to combine for at least 15 minutes a game otherwise, which is a disaster.

Interesting that Cleveland is going after West now, despite their post depth. Wonder if that's just to keep him off San Antonio. I agree that is worth burning your tax paying MLE on.

Scary about Aldridge: his 3pt attempts per 100 possessions jumped massively from 0.3 in 2013-2014 to 2.1 in 2014-2015, and his 3pt% also jumped massively from 20% to 35%. He is obviously working on his range, and he's going to a team that obviously will allow him to flourish from 3. I would estimate his 3pt attempt rate more than doubles next season, from 7.4% last season to around 15%, and by getting more open looks in the Spurs offense, his accuracy will not drop.

Ty Lawson will probably demand a trade to Spurs.

So I keep seeing this "+225" or some other large number when it comes to NBA odds. Can someone explain to me what that means?

rome8180 said:
So I keep seeing this "+225" or some other large number when it comes to NBA odds. Can someone explain to me what that means?

You win $225 on a $100 bet.

Pat Riley mentioned that the Heat may use Justise similar to how the Warriors use Draymond Green. I feel like my projection of Justise as a rich man's Draymond Green comparison has more validity to it when Pat Riley basically says the same.

Cavs going for Joe Johnson.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13202 ... oklyn-nets

Johnson, who averaged 14.4 points and shot 44 percent last season, is the second-highest-paid player in the league at $24.8 million next season. Trading for and waiving Haywood could save the Nets tens of millions in tax payments, but it would take more than just Haywood to make the contract values match.

One possible option for the Cavs would be sending big man Anderson Varejao to the Nets in such a deal. Varejao will make $9.6 million this upcoming season as part of an extension he signed last year. Varejao suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon in December but is on track to return by the start of the season.

The possibility of moving Varejao, who has played his entire 11-year career with the Cavs, could be behind the Cavs' interest in free-agent forward David West over the last several days.

Irving / Dellavedova or basically anybody
Shumpert / Joe Johnson
Lebron / Joe Johnson
Love / West
Mozgov / Thompson

Watching this summer league ball, they're clearly at least trying him out as a playmaker, too. Even with Tyler Johnson (a point guard and roster player for the Heat) out there, Winslow brought the ball up and got ISOs at the top of the key down the stretch as the Heat mounted a comeback.

Winslow didn't play great today, but played a lot, and still made good plays down the stretch despite being fatigued. Threw game-winning inbounds lob to Tyler Johnson for a lay-up when there was only 0.4 seconds on the clock.

14 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals. 3-10, 0-5 3FG, 8-12 FT, 5 turnovers.

1-8 on threes in summer league so far. I wonder if the extra few feet will bother him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom