Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

rome8180 said:
1-8 on threes in summer league so far. I wonder if the extra few feet will bother him.

He'll likely have to work on his range. Majority of his shots were at the line in college. I want him to be a star more than any of the players post 2010.

I remember a similar story coming out immediately after the Rockets series...too bad for the Clips.

David West leaves $12 million on the table to sign with San Antonio for the veteran's minimum. That team might have a shot at winning something.

Thought I'd let y'all know about the "Lou Williams vs. Monte Ellis" article on espn. This is why being an espn insider is crucial.

I don't care about the +/-.

22 shots for 20 points is not very good. Also, 0-4 at the line. Ouch.

The efficiency and turnovers were certainly bad, and he got blocked 4 times, but people will be enthused by the way he scored his points; some nice moves. First game could certainly have gone worse; at least he pulled 9 boards (5 offensive) and blocked a couple of shots.

Also, a mediocre 10/22 looks pretty good when the other four starters combine to go 10/38; Jah shot better from the field than every Sixer who played except two guys who went 3-6 and 1-2.

Apparently, I overuse semicolons.

Yeah that's even more homer than usual. The opposing center was the 55th pick, 6'9" Cady Lalanne from UMass.

Not as Dookie as the NBA.com headline, "Winslow Outduels Johnson," though. Winslow 5-15 FG, 7-10 FT, 17 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 2 fouls. Johnson 4-5 FG, 2-3 3PT, 4-6 FT, 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 steals, 1 block, 5 fouls.

To his credit, he did finish 7-10. So hopefully it's part of an adjustment period. I'm sure he'll have another one when he starts playing against real centers.

I don't really care if he ever becomes a complete player in the league. I just want those empty stats that get him on All-Star teams and allow us to use him for recruiting.

I agree that the best and most realistic thing to root for with Okafor is that he puts up 20 and 10 in any way possible. If he does that, he probably makes 10+ all star games regardless of efficiency or defense, and everyone wins except guys like Kevin Pelton, Zach Lowe and Kirk Goldsberry, who will die inside writing about the injustice.

This is genius by Hinkie by the way. Get Okafor 20 and 10 and all star bids to trade Okafor for way too much return to a franchise that is stupid and/or desperate to sell tickets. In the meantime, Okafor is helping Hinkie lose games to get more high draft picks. Okafor is basically the ideal player for the Sixers grand scheme.

Yeah, I just found that. It looks like he's taking more midrange shots than usual. Did he have trouble establishing position?

Also, lol at all those and-zeros. That's Jah's speciality. I wish he still got as pumped up at those as he did at Duke.

I'm pissed that Stanley Johnson looks so much better than Justise. I know summer league can be deceptive, but maybe the explanation for Winslow's superior college stats is that Coach K is just that much better than Miller?

Position has something to do with it, to be sure. Winslow's best play in college coincided with his move to the 4 spot to take advantage of mismatches; the Heat are basically playing him like a playmaking 2-guard.

I love Justise far more than I care about the Pistons, but even before these summer league games that often tell us nothing, I had no problem with Johnson over Winslow. The advanced stats were a wash last season but Johnson is a little bigger and had much less spacing to work with in that ugly Arizona offense. I would put it at 60/40 for Johnson to end up having a better career, so I wouldn't be surprised either way, but 60/40 are easy odds to take when you're just picking one or the other.

FWIW, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope looked amazing in summer league last season.

Seriously though, my biggest worry about Justise was and is exactly what Childress mentioned. Will he be able to dominate without mismatches?

Most NBA threes are really quick and much larger than Justise, so playing him down a position won't help. And playing at the two, he doesn't have many advantages either. Maybe more post-ups would be an area he could explore?

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom