Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Kyrie will be 26 next offseason, and if you're trading Love with LeBron leaving to the Clippers or something, might as well I guess. Hopefully he lands in San Antonio or Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleveland should only do trade Love in a George swap if they can also offload either Shumpert's or Smith's deal in the process.

Butler is a different scenario, since he, like Love, is under 30 and on a not-so-exorbitant-by-today's-standards deal.

Please let Gilbert be a moron and trade Irving for Paul in a sign and trade.

PG: Lonzo
SG: Kennard
SF: Ingram
PF: George
C: Mozgov

Decent 8th-12th seed placeholder until you can attract more free agents

I'd be happier if Irving got traded this year. In 2 years, he's going to be averaging 40 pts a game on a LeBronless Cavs team headed for the lottery.

Porzingis, Melo and another moderately bad contract for Love and Thompson, is the only Porzingis trade that changes anything.

Kyrie
Smith? (This is the weak link)
Lebron
Melo
Porzingis

That team would have a chance. I still think they lose to GS.

I don't know, I think he slots in pretty nicely alongside KD, Curry, Klay & Green. Zaza, Ian Clark and the next 2 #30 picks could get it done.

DrKlahn said:
I don't know, I think he slots in pretty nicely alongside KD, Curry, Klay & Green. Zaza, Ian Clark and the next 2 #30 picks could get it done.

Toss in McCaw and it's a done deal.

A #2 overall pick, who hasn't been a bust by any means, used to clear cap space. This is simply atrocious. Even if Russell doesn't fit the long-term vision, I bet you anything his value goes up significantly within the next year and you could get more for him than an aging center who can neither rebound nor defend at a high level. Stop letting former players with no front office experience run teams.

That's the kind of move you make if you are only absolutely certain you are signing two max contract caliber players the next offseason, otherwise you look like an enormous idiot. I dare say you probably should have an illegal-tampering handshake deal in place already, to do that.

Wonder what the lesser offers for Russell were. The Magic weren't willing to trade 25 and an expiring? Spurs weren't willing to trade their pick and a mediocre rotation player? Laughable that this was the best Lakers could get.

Dwight to the Bobcats.

One of the most immature, petulant superstars in NBA history. Still, hard to believe at 31 that his career as an elite player has been over for 2-3 seasons already. I could see him in China before the end of the decade playing for enough $$$ to pay child support to the half dozen baby mamas he's knocked up over the years.

edit: Wow, he wasn't worth a damn thing at all:

"Dwight, we've traded you to Charlotte for Plumlee and Belinelli and an exchange of picks."

"Well that's understandable, picking up a lottery pick for me..."

"--No, we moved down 10 picks."

"Well you do what you gotta do to get Mason Plumlee..."

"--Miles."

"...."

DrKlahn said:
Still feel like the Hawks won this trade.

Uh, yeah. Dwight's making $47 million over the next two years. I hope Miles can have a healthy year -- Budenholzer will be the best coach he's had.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Might be the worst trade in real time I've ever seen.

If it facilitates signing Paul George to a 4-year deal next year, it will have been a steal for the Lakers. Lopez's deal has one year on it; Moz is still getting 16-17 million a year for two years after next.

I guess maybe they could have gotten better than the 27th for Dlo on his own, but he's just not a piece for a winning team right now. If you have the ego of a starting guard but shoot 41/35/78, you'd better be an all-world defender.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom