Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

childress22 said:
DrKlahn said:
Still feel like the Hawks won this trade.

Uh, yeah. Dwight's making $47 million over the next two years. I hope Miles can have a healthy year -- Budenholzer will be the best coach he's had.

The 31st pick is nothing to sneeze at, of course. It's pretty valuable for a mediocre team (or anyone) looking to grab a good older player they can plug in right away. Charlotte will be using it on Kennedy Meeks, for instance. Atlanta's willingness to let go of the 31st tells you how bad they needed to make this move.

I kinda feel like D'Angelo Russell is a good player only in a remember-when-Michael-Carter-Williams-won-ROY kind of way.

Also, per David Aldridge, it sounds like the Lakers (for whatever reasons) are intent on trading for PG this year as opposed to just signing him for free next year.

Plan after the Nets trade was to package the two late 1st-rounders they now have (27th and 28th) with one other asset for George. They tried Clarkson and the picks, and Randle and the picks, and Indiana turned them down. They also tried to get Kings to give them the 5th and 10th pick in exchange for #2, with the hopes of selling Pacers on #5/#27/#28, but Kings said no.

It is still a terrible trade if it leads to the Lakers getting George. Think about what their team is going to be with George, and how out of place he is with Ball and Ingram in terms of timing. The Lakers' window is not now, and they will not be a playoff team with George.

The only way this is a good trade is if they get a true max player with Mozgov's cap space to go along with George. Then they become relevant again as a playoff team, though even then, they are getting swept by the Warriors unless that other max player is LeBron.

This trade puts their entire building strategy in limbo - are they going to try to win soon or are they going to build around Ball and Ingram? And limbo is the best case for them. If they don't end up with George, they sign another Mozgov just to eat that cap space again, because that's what GMs do.

I would guess that Dwight's impact on the court is worse than any of the Plumlees now, but I haven't been masochistic enough to watch Dwight play or look at his numbers for 2-3 years now. Getting any decent rotation player for him and any picks at all is great. On the other hand, whoever the guy pulling the strings for Charlotte is must not be a former NBA player, since he is placing any positive value on Dwight.

childress22 said:
DrKlahn said:
Still feel like the Hawks won this trade.

Uh, yeah. Dwight's making $47 million over the next two years. I hope Miles can have a healthy year -- Budenholzer will be the best coach he's had.

perma ban?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sour ... e-to-cavs/

"No stranger to organizational dysfunction, Jimmy Butler was warned Tuesday night to stay away from the Cavaliers.

According to a Cleveland source close to the situation, several of the Cavaliers who had been prodding Butler to push for a trade from the Bulls the last five days were now warning him to stay away from a suddenly volatile situation."

Plumdog Millionaires. In order to outgun Perky, one of the boys will have to sire 4 kids who all end up playing for Coach Thornton at Duke . Tall order, but I believe in these kids.

Mason is the most likely candidate.

Paul Millsap is 32.
Paul Millsap just had his worst-shooting (%) season of his career.
There are rumored to be 3 to 4 teams out there willing to give Paul Millsap a max contract.

childress22 said:
Paul Millsap is 32.
Paul Millsap just had his worst-shooting (%) season of his career.
There are rumored to be 3 to 4 teams out there willing to give Paul Millsap a max contract.

It's pretty amazing isn't it? Going to be great when the Celtics give $200 million to 30 year old IT.

Maybe Porzingis has made it clear to them that he will bolt NY at the first opportunity? ...about the only justification for trying to move him at this point that I can think of.

Porzingis should be the Celts #1 priority in the trade/FA market.

I have also read D. Jordan may be on the move from the Clips. He would fill a need for the Celts, most definitely.

Someone should take a flyer on Jahlil in a trade. Sixers won't play him at all. He's got one year at 6 mil this year, then a team option for the next year. Despite being a 68% FT shooter, he's got a very good looking shooting stroke. Someone should at least be able to turn him into Mehmet Okur.

I would definitely trade any 2nd round pick and/or low cost filler for Okafor. I don't know if the Sixers would ever be willing to take that. I'm sure teams have tried to offer trash like that for Okafor and have been turned down.

If Dancin' Danny ends up on the Cavs i'm officially done rooting for them. Time to become a full-time Bucks/Lakers and potentially Celtics casual fan depending on if they take Tatum.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom