Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

This will be the Clippers:

PG Patrick Beverley (trade)
SG Lou Williams (trade)
SF Austin Rivers
PF Paul Millsap (FA)
C DeAndre Jordan

A new contender to the Bulls and Nets for most unwatchable team.

Regardless of the on-court product, I am in absolute awe of Daryl Morey. He really is the smartest GM in the league. There is no other GM I'd rather have.

I think Melo is actually the better option. The Rockets won't allow his trash on offense. He'll take corner 3s and get to the rim for them, or else he'll prove he's toxic. Upside is higher, and they need upside to beat the Warriors.

Also puts Rockets in position to get LeBron after next season. Paul, Harden, LeBron, Melo, Capela.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just phenomenal. Wish the Duke basketball twitter account was more like this, less like Disney movie.

NCCUknow said:
Regardless of the on-court product, I am in absolute awe of Daryl Morey. He really is the smartest GM in the league. There is no other GM I'd rather have.

Bob Myers says hello.

Houston should be interesting next couple seasons at least. Giving Paul $205 million over 5 years starting at age 33 does not sound good.

Myers is such a shrewd GM for signing Durant to a max deal. What other GM would have thought to do that?

DurhamSon said:
Myers is such a shrewd GM for signing Durant to a max deal. What other GM would have thought to do that?

Lightyears.

Morey, Ainge & Buford all have their merits, but Phil Jackson and Isiah Thomas are the sentimental choices for me.

DurhamSon said:

Drafted Barnes, drafted Draymond, signed Iguodala (and freed up cap space to do so) and Livingston, hired Kerr, signed Durant, drafted McCaw. Won 2 titles in 3 years and never won fewer than 51 games.

CK86 said:
DurhamSon said:

Drafted Barnes, drafted Draymond, signed Iguodala (and freed up cap space to do so) and Livingston, hired Kerr, signed Durant, drafted McCaw. Won 2 titles in 3 years and never won fewer than 51 games.

Oh yeah, those pieces really put them over the top this year. When NBA historians talk about the Warriors dynasty, they'll talk about how critical McCaw and Harrison Barnes were.

Lightyears.

Why does this question keep getting asked? Most of the NBA champions of the past decade were the result of taking multiple high-usage players and putting them on the same team.

DurhamSon said:
CK86 said:
DurhamSon said:

Oh yeah, those pieces really put them over the top this year. When NBA historians talk about the Warriors dynasty, they'll talk about how critical McCaw and Harrison Barnes were.

Lightyears.

The original quote was that Morey is the smartest GM in the league. I think he's one of the best but don't think it's a clearcut 100% fact. I would argue based on championships that Myers and David Griffin had done better jobs but that's me.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Why does this question keep getting asked? Most of the NBA champions of the past decade were the result of taking multiple high-usage players and putting them on the same team.

I think the bigger question is do their skillsets fit? They can't both run point. Is taking Harden off the ball the best way to utilize him? As for Paul, how does a guy whose best offensive skill is the midrange jumper fit into Houston's three-or-layup system?

I think the discussion would be different if we were talking about Harden and an elite SF or something.

CK86 said:
NCCUknow said:

Bob Myers says hello.

Houston should be interesting next couple seasons at least. Giving Paul $205 million over 5 years starting at age 33 does not sound good.

lol... i think you are being sarcastic, but not sure, so im just going to leave that one alone.

CK86 said:
DurhamSon said:
CK86 said:
DurhamSon said:

Lightyears.

The original quote was that Morey is the smartest GM in the league. I think he's one of the best but don't think it's a clearcut 100% fact. I would argue based on championships that Myers and David Griffin had done better jobs but that's me.

Championships is a terrible terrible measure of a GM and you know it.

Morey seems smart, but does occasionally do some weird things. I feel like he's been obsessed with having a three-star team for the last five years, and that could end up leading to him paying a 36- or 37-year-old Chris Paul something like 35 million dollars a year.

I think R.C. Buford deserves the smartest GM in the league award. Full stop. But Morey and Dennis Lindsey are probably competing for second.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom