Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Tatum should get to take a lot of shots tonight.

Ahh who am I kidding, Rozier/Smart and Brown will all take more.

I feel like this was the week for "The Rockets are Surprisingly Good on Defense!" articles.

In the first half tonight, they've given up 76 to the Pelicans, including 14-19 from 3-point-range, with 6-6 of that just being E'Twaun Moore.

I don't like to see the Celtics lose badly to one of the worst teams in the NBA, but it's nice that it happened while Irving was out. Good for the narrative that he actually helps his team.

Marcus Smart -16. Since they lost by 23 is that actually like a +7?

The Ringer has an article on the increasing possibility of LeBron signing with Houston. If he does, and buys into D'Antoni's offense, than holy crap do the pieces fit. As they point out, being able to keep two of LeBron/Harden/Paul on the court at all times with two of Gordon, Ariza, Tucker, Gordon and either Capela or Mbah A Moute is strong. I'd maybe take that over GSW.

Of course, Paul will get hurt halfway through the season and LeBron will force out D'Antoni in favor of Lue so of course it won't work out.

No surprise that Rivers has become one of the most valuable halfcourt offensive players in the league. Still a joke among casual fans, though.

Um, so I missed the BOS/CHI game, wtf? Did Tatum struggle with offenses keying in on him or something? Hopefully this puts the "Al Horford Celtics MVP" crap to rest, though no way it does.

Edit: Celtics fans are saying he just missed shots, and was still relegated to being a spot up offensive option. Rozier and Smart taking twice as many shots each as Tatum? Nader and Larkin getting as many? Stevens can GFY at this point.

Last edited:
That being said, looking at the box score, the Celtics had no chance with how many shitheads played major minutes. At some point Stevens has to start valuing players that can actually score even if they, *gasp*, don't play great defense. You just can't have so many offensive zeros on your 2nd unit.

I'm pretty much always in favor of teams investing in their young players, but in the Celtics' case I really feel like Kadeem Allen's roster spot could be better filled by a vet who could actually come in and play 15 mpg when guys are hurt. Part of it, I'm sure, is that I'm just not convinced Allen's very good, whereas Jabari Bird is at least playing well in the GLeague.

Barbosa, Jordan Hill, Anthony Morrow, Jordan Crawford, Toney Douglas, maybe even Cavs rejects Deron or Derrick Williams -- one of these guys could help. On a team that already has Tatum, Theis, Ojeleye, Nader, Yabusele, and Bird as rookies, I think the experience and decision-making of one of these guys would be valuable when one or more of the Celtics' vets is out.

Edit: I just realized Allen is actually on a two-way deal, so this idea wouldn't work. They'd have to waive Jabari Bird or Guerschon Yabusele to add a vet.

Last edited:
Sounds like Hayward might be ready to go by March. I imagine he's the type of guy who can fit in with very little ramp up time. Problem is, he doesn't get Smart/Rozier off the court.

I doubt the package works, but if they could ship Smart & Morris for Gary Harris or Malcolm Brogdon, the offense would stop leaking so badly without any dropoff in D. One more upgrade on the perimeter and maybe one at C and let Stevens tune it up for 1-2 years.

Not much upgrading at center to do. Aron Baynes leads the league in defensive rating (and was second last year while on the Pistons), and he's a low-usage big, great screener, and good passer. He's pretty picture perfect for this team, IMO.

Probably right. I like Baynes, and Theis too for that matter. Watching Aldridge just work over Horford was a bit disappointing though. Not sure why Stevens let that happen. Also, Baynes is a getting a bit long in the tooth. Peak window for this club is 3-5 years from now and he is 31.

I know this is stating the obvious, but can you imagine what Stevens would do with AD? He's obviously great right now, but he hasn't quite made the leap that was projected 3-4 years ago. The dude has a great IQ, and is obviously willing to play within a team concept as shown by allowing Boogie to become the focal point.

Sounds like Hayward might be ready to go by March. I imagine he's the type of guy who can fit in with very little ramp up time. Problem is, he doesn't get Smart/Rozier off the court.

I doubt the package works, but if they could ship Smart & Morris for Gary Harris or Malcolm Brogdon, the offense would stop leaking so badly without any dropoff in D. One more upgrade on the perimeter and maybe one at C and let Stevens tune it up for 1-2 years.

Gary Harris would be great on the Celts

I understand you folks are not big on Smart/Rozier - for the Celts to commit to one of them as a 6th/7th man, who would you rather have on the roster?

I choose Rozier as I think his offensive ceiling is higher and his defensive abilities do not seem to be far off what Smart can provide. Rozier has the potential to become an Avery Bradley-type. I have not looked at advanced #s to inform my opinion.

Thoughts?

Andrew Wiggins might just be the worst contract in the league right now. Could have been traded for a high lottery pick as little as a year ago, with the signs already there that he was going to never come close to giving you value on his then impending deal.

One day a GM will come along with the backing of an owner and won't be paralyzed by the risk averse specter of draft reputation, volume stats, and the idea that you can't "give up on young talent".

Who will be the next victim? Could be the Suns with Josh Jackson if I had to guess.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom