Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

DurhamSon said:
Tolbert released. He was never the same after fumbling twice in the Superbowl.
Kinda sad to see him go.

Not interested in Cruz, but I guess we're the favorites to sign him?

Panthers will likely draft one of the following:

I would like one of the LSU products but think they will both be off the board and Gettleman will go with Thomas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malik Hooker impressed me every time I watched him play last season. Seemed like he came up with a big play every time they needed one.

http://blackandbluereview.com/ron-river ... en-dorsey/

^^ Voth buried the lede a bit here, wrt this interesting tidbit:

Like any NFL coach, you can question plenty about Ron Rivera. But one thing is unarguable: He’s loyal.

To a fault?

We’ll see.

Despite pressure from the outside, and from some above him inside the building, Rivera was determined to keep his offensive staff intact even after the unit’s struggles in 2016. So the Panthers — and Rivera — will sink or swim with offensive coordinator Mike Shula and quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey.

Panthers insiders have always indicated that Rivera was not a Gettleman guy and when Gettleman came in here, he was told by JR that Rivera would be the coach, period.

You have to think that a football guy, even one with a gigantic ego like Gettleman, can see how much of a hack Rivera is as a coach. Rivera digging in his heels for "his guys" with no interest in making any changes at all at OC/QB coach is just another sign of it. In fact the only guys Rivera has ever replaced that he brought in were those that left for other jobs. Reminds me of a certain ACC football coach.

Hopefully Gettleman is able to convince JR that this move by Rivera is tantamount to him staking his job on "his guys", and thus would green light Gettleman firing Rivera after this upcoming season.

God what a horrible fucking deal the Osweiler move was. Trading a 2nd round pick and Osweiler just to get him off the books. All around shit.

CK86 said:
God what a horrible fucking deal the Osweiler move was. Trading a 2nd round pick and Osweiler just to get him off the books. All around shit.

Just think of it as trading a 2nd rounder for Romo. And you'll never have to watch Assweiler again.

DurhamSon said:
CK86 said:

Just think of it as trading a 2nd rounder for Romo. And you'll never have to watch Assweiler again.

Because it's Houston, I fully expect them to sign Romo only for him to break his collarbone or back again and retire having never played in a regular season game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom