Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Im stoked. A good part of the reason i wanted Ron gone was Shula. So sick of playcalls coming in late, or announcers calling out plays where multiple receivers end up in the same place.

Not to mention neither him nor Dorsey did a damn thing in 7 seasons to improve Cam's mechanics.

Imagine if we get a high caliber OC like Norv Turner. Wow.

I wonder if Ron's job is not as safe as he thought. I wouldn't think he makes a move like this unless his back is against the wall. Or maybe this was Hurney forcing the issue, as he isn't even in talks for a contract extension.

Ron just signed a contract through 2020. He's not going anywhere.

I am also encouraged that this move could be the first of many needed to revamp the offense. I was concerned the 11-5 record and close playoff loss had fooled the organization into thinking the status quo was acceptable.

We should absolutely draft a receiver with legitimate #1 potential in the first round or sign one in free agency. Never again should some combination of Bersin/Clay/Shephard see the field in a fucking playoff game. Stewart also has to be cut, sick of his washed up ass always losing 2 yards on 1st down.

Infuse the offense with more young talent, get a creative offensive mind who coaches to Cam's strengths, and a QB coach who can improve his fundamentals, and I think we can return to being actual contenders in the NFC once again.

Huge move to provide hope for the future. Should have been made after 2016, but better late than never I guess.

Feels like this is the first breath of fresh air in the post-Richardson era. I always remember JR talking about how much he "respects and admires football royalty like the Shula family" and always though that's a big reason he even got a job here in the first place.

Hurney sounds intent from recent interviews about getting real pieces on the offense. We'll see whether his history of handing out bad contracts was him or JR.

thank fucking god.

wonder if the no show play call on our second play from scrimmage that resulted in a timeout was what finally did it.

really hope we re-sign star with some of the money we saved on trading benjamin.

good run defense is a must with how shaky our outside defenders are.

Pretty sure Star is gone. Rumor is he wants to play closer to home, and Panthers probably choose Norwell over him. For better or worse I bet they move Butler into that spot...

7xzVWey.png

Two days late but this was my favorite angry-white-man-hates-scam-newton moment during the playoff game.

OC just got fired, RB about to get cut, and the defense gave up more 20+ yard plays than any other team in the league over the last 6 games. Excuses!

I wonder if Ron's job is not as safe as he thought. I wouldn't think he makes a move like this unless his back is against the wall. Or maybe this was Hurney forcing the issue, as he isn't even in talks for a contract extension.

It makes you wonder, yesterday RR only anticipated the DC leaving for a head coaching job as the only change on staff then two get the ax the very next day.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom