Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Other Sports

aiw said:
This is in reference to the Lochte thing. I just love how sanctimonious she is, not about the Lochte thing, but about Americans being called Americans.

She's the worst. I had never, not once in my life, heard of someone taking a social justice stand against United States residents/citizens being the only people referred to as "Americans." I hope this is sarcasm by her and she is on another level.

This baffles me and is making me simultaneously laugh and be irate the more I think about it. What Canadian has ever wanted to be called "American" because he is in North America? What Mexican has wanted his national soccer team to be referred to as the "Americans" because they're from Central America? Has she lost her mind in an effort to become the most liberal person on Earth?

dkst0426 said:
Simple enough - white America would be losing their shit at brown people making accusations
Not really. It happened with Duke lacrosse. It happened in Ferguson. Just happened in Milwaukee it looks like. No one cares.

Of the people who take issue with "Americans" being used to refer to the US, the overwhelming majority of them are Eurosnobs who revel in every opportunity to take swipes at *ahem* America anyway. It's not as if they give two shits about Suriname's and Belize's equal rights to the term.

Decathlon is kind of boring if you've already watched the real events take place. I can't help but be underwhelmed by their Pole Vault attempts.

physicsfactor said:
dkst0426 said:
Simple enough - white America would be losing their shit at brown people making accusations
Not really. It happened with Duke lacrosse. It happened in Ferguson. Just happened in Milwaukee it looks like. No one cares.
Those all involved blacks, not Hispanics. We all know that no one cares about black people.

Now, if brown Spanish-speaking non-Americans went off on a group of white Americans......

dkst0426 said:
physicsfactor said:
dkst0426 said:
Those all involved blacks, not Hispanics. We all know that no one cares about black people.

Now, if brown Spanish-speaking non-Americans went off on a group of white Americans......

If Mexican Olympians said they were robbed at gunpoint by white Americans, the story wouldn't have been much different.

What I'm thinking of in applying that tweet is if it happened here in the US, not Rio, but ok.

dkst0426 said:
physicsfactor said:
dkst0426 said:

I keep waiting for a real answer from you for this question that isn't some hypothetical contrived indignation.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
This baffles me and is making me simultaneously laugh and be irate the more I think about it. What Canadian has ever wanted to be called "American" because he is in North America? What Mexican has wanted his national soccer team to be referred to as the "Americans" because they're from Central America? Has she lost her mind in an effort to become the most liberal person on Earth?

Mexico isn't in Central America, you ugly American.

aiw said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Mexico isn't in Central America, you ugly American.

That's right, USA is Central America, because we're between Mexico and Canada.

Duh, dumb SMTTEM.

Spanish has a word that makes more sense: essentially "United Statesian."

On a separate note, I think when we talk about "white Americans" we've got to distinguish between Trump supporters and their polar opposites: social justice warriors who think all minorities are in a perpetual state of victimhood and all white people are the devil. You guys rail against Keeley, but you must have a very different friend group than mine if she annoys you that much. She's barely liberal among the people I know.

I know for a fact that people from Central America prefer to have "Americans" refer to themselves as "Norte Americanoa" or "de los Estados Unidos" rather than say they are from America.

I know these people.

I know them.

Rome, it sounds like you know some truly horrible white people. I know a few in Arkansas, but I know way more of the other end of the spectrum.

Glad they re-aired the 400m hurdles final. Clement with the year's best time for gold, and the next 5 finishers all set personal bests. And even then, not close to the world record, which sums up in a nutshell just how incredible Kevin Young's time was in Barcelona.

Congratulations USA on another big hoops win. Jordan was awesome for you guys.

Another poorly officiated international game.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom