Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pictures/Videos

Rollins said:
I can't believe she got up and kept fighting after the first punch and being thrown off the bus.

She can definitely take a punch. But I think Mr Bus Driver just drove his last bus.

Imagine looking out the window and seeing this

12tR2k.AuSt.76.jpg

aiw said:
Imagine looking out the window and seeing this

12tR2k.AuSt.76.jpg
My buddy was working for Toyota last night for that commercial shoot

rhfarmer said:
Pretty fucked up.
Dress less hood. I don't mean that in a racist manner, just that it seems to be the simple solution to the harassment. I love the "roughly 9 out of 10 were innocent..." dude, 10% wrongdoers is a substantial justification of the program. Also, they clearly told the kid recording it to stop making himself look more suspicious by looking back at them constantly. You know some of these kids aren't doing themselves any favors drawing attention to themselves.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

"My wife will kill me"
"She'll never know"
...Right

That hand sanitizer would be little comfort to me.

And this is common in Cleveland. Only is done a couple of times a season after all their wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
DukeNukem05 said:
rhfarmer said:
Pretty fucked up.
Dress less hood. I don't mean that in a racist manner, just that it seems to be the simple solution to the harassment. I love the "roughly 9 out of 10 were innocent..." dude, 10% wrongdoers is a substantial justification of the program. Also, they clearly told the kid recording it to stop making himself look more suspicious by looking back at them constantly. You know some of these kids aren't doing themselves any favors drawing attention to themselves.

I had a college roommate who said of Rastafarians: Well, if they would cut their hair and take a bath, maybe they wouldn't be so persecuted.

If you stopped every person in America, the "wrongdoing rate" would be substantially higher. You have a program by the NYPD (which has no oversight BTW) that specifically and admittedly is infringing on people's rights. So what does that have to do with the clothes people are wearing?

Reasonable suspicion is a lowwww bar, so if the cops can find it, they are not infringing rights. But yeah, by saying they don't care about individual rights, they aren't being earnest about even having that amount. As to the clothes, show me a clean cut dude with nice clothes (tucked in too!) and I'll show you a guy who gets harassed by cops less (but by friends more). That's all I'm saying. I don't extend that comment to Rastafarians. It's different when you are bringing in a belief system.

DukeNukem05 said:
Reasonable suspicion is a lowwww bar, so if the cops can find it, they are not infringing rights. But yeah, by saying they don't care about individual rights, they aren't being earnest about even having that amount. As to the clothes, show me a clean cut dude with nice clothes (tucked in too!) and I'll show you a guy who gets harassed by cops less (but by friends more). That's all I'm saying. I don't extend that comment to Rastafarians. It's different when you are bringing in a belief system.

You shouldn't have to wear clothes that someone else deems "nonsuspicious" just to ensure you don't get harassed by police. That's absurd. And the only mention of clothes in that audio recording was that the kid was wearing a hoody. Is a hoody "hood clothing"? He might have been wearing khaki slacks, boat shoes, and a button-down for all we know. But even if he was wearing exactly what we saw him wear in the video, how is that offensive? A tank top, shorts, and shoes.

I've been questioned before and I did not feel like my rights were being violated. I had nothing to hide and I had done nothing wrong so I was not bothered (thankfully I had no time sensitive issue to go to at the time). But, I can see myself being upset if I felt that I was stopped simply for my race, which tends to happen in circumstances like this.

JohaadDBC said:
DukeNukem05 said:

You shouldn't have to wear clothes that someone else deems "nonsuspicious" just to ensure you don't get harassed by police. That's absurd. And the only mention of clothes in that audio recording was that the kid was wearing a hoody. Is a hoody "hood clothing"? He might have been wearing khaki slacks, boat shoes, and a button-down for all we know. But even if he was wearing exactly what we saw him wear in the video, how is that offensive? A tank top, shorts, and shoes.

Actually, he was not even wearing the hoody, it was in his back pack. They were questioning why he was wearing a back pack, which is even more ridiculous. But your premise is correct about clothing and suspicion. No one need abide by anyone else's clothing standard in order to avoid being detained by the police. It is completely unconstitutional. If the NY police approached me on the street and attempted this, i would just walk away and laugh at them.

My old man is a judge, and I can tell you right now that if they stop a kid for wearing a back pack, shake him down and find anything, it would be thrown out of court. I'm sure this is clogging up the court system in NYC as well. It's just a waist of time and taxpayer money to be engaged in this nonsense.

JohaadDBC said:

Agree with all of this. As long as he isn't violating some law simply by wearing the clothes themselves, it is unreasonable to search and/or harass him.

It's shit like this that gives cops a bad name, and sometimes it's deserved...

I think the issue there is mainly with those cops being racist sociopaths who abuse their power. Regardless of whether it's justifiable in theory, that policy is going to be a disaster if you can't prevent individual officers from abusing it like that.

I'd like to go ahead and apologize for derailing the thread, perhaps that deserves its own thread. Also, I agree with you guys that they're abusing the program. Just felt like discussing for a minute.

Back to business:
tumblr_lxas8xorQD1qkezc0o1_250.gif

tumblr_lxas8xorQD1qkezc0o2_250.gif

tumblr_lxas8xorQD1qkezc0o3_250.gif

tumblr_lxas8xorQD1qkezc0o4_250.gif

Apparently Tyra Banks is actually a transvestite

couric18f-1-web.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics