Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Playa Haters' Ball

Well, the brilliance of it is that is poppy while being ridiculously innovative. Personally, I like poppy, just not generic.

ETA: response to Physics' Beatles comment from previous page.

Last edited:
Is budweiser actually popular though? I only see it being drunk in commercials. In real life I only ever see craft beers being ordered. Class bubble I guess.

Old people. I find myself very incompatible with the thoughts/disposition of like 90% of the people I encounter over 60.

- social media (though I get drawn in to view certain twitter threads more than I would like...bad habits)
- TV show 'Friends'
- bike polo
- cocaine
- nationalism
- Steve Jobs
- Jimmy Fallon
- 99% of reality TV
- Family Guy
- electric bicycles
- Howard Stern
- sambuca
- energy drinks
- Jordan Peterson
- 'unwrapping' videos on YouTube

I was going to argue with @rome8180 regarding Led Zeppelin, which are still one of my favorite bands and would be my selection for "If you are stuck on a desert island..." and I was prepared specifically to discuss their musicianship and also the magnificent craft of John Paul Jones as a producer. Then I was going to suggest that you must not like blues based rock. Turns out, you made my argument for me, which really pleases me. It's one thing if you don't like the sound or the genre, but there is no denying their skill or influence.

Also, I'm ambivalent about The Beatles. The Love Me Do era, I absolutely hate. The Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers, etc. era, I really love.

I do feel that they have too many throw away songs.

I was going to argue with @rome8180 regarding Led Zeppelin, which are still one of my favorite bands and would be my selection for "If you are stuck on a desert island..." and I was prepared specifically to discuss their musicianship and also the magnificent craft of John Paul Jones as a producer. Then I was going to suggest that you must not like blues based rock. Turns out, you made my argument for me, which really pleases me. It's one thing if you don't like the sound or the genre, but there is no denying their skill or influence.
Yeah, I don't get how people can't separate emotional response from an intellectual assessment. There are many things I recognize as genius which are not my thing.

"Because" or "Across the Universe" are exactly what I like in music. "Black Dog" is not. I do like some Led Zeppelin songs that get away from blues scales though ("Cashmere" and "Immigrant Song" to mind).

In case you're talking about me, I never said The Beatles suck or are terrible or anything. I just don't like the sound of their stuff.

Not at all. That was more a response to farmer's "It's one thing if you don't like the sound or the genre, but there is no denying their skill or influence." It was simply a way of saying "I agree."

The NFL

I just dont care. Ive tried to get into it but its a terrible product.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom