Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

I wouldn't be opposed to security personnel at a school having guns, but isn't that already the case in a lot of places? If we start seeing security going crazy and shooting kids at their own schools, then I really don't think guns are the problem in those cases.

Teachers having guns, though, has an almost infinitely terrible risk vs. reward analysis. I would hope she is not arguing in favor of that. There just isn't a very high bar for people to become teachers.

I'm trying to avoid knowing about Trump's cabinet picks. There's nothing anyone can do about it. The country will be pretty much run by morons for four years. We will generally be fine afterward.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I wouldn't be opposed to security personnel at a school having guns, but isn't that already the case in a lot of places? If we start seeing security going crazy and shooting kids at their own schools, then I really don't think guns are the problem in those cases.

Teachers having guns, though, has an almost infinitely terrible risk vs. reward analysis. I would hope she is not arguing in favor of that. There just isn't a very high bar for people to become teachers.

I'm trying to avoid knowing about Trump's cabinet picks. There's nothing anyone can do about it. The country will be pretty much run by morons for four years. We will generally be fine afterward.

The only hope is that they can drag the process out as long as possible. Every day that these people aren't seated Cabinet members is a good day. But the Republican majority makes this a futile hope.

Actual title of dissertation in year 3017: "From Boston Tea Parties to Queer Dance Parties: The Transformation of American Political Protest During the Republican Era."

I mean, getting rid of NPR and PBS is exactly what you would expect from this crew. What is really unexpected is the fact that this congress is going to give away our national parks. When all the hunters and fishermen in this country realize that the GOP gave away all the public land that they used to hunt on so uranium could be mined and oil could be drilled, it could be the GOP's undoing.

rhfarmer said:
I mean, getting rid of NPR and PBS is exactly what you would expect from this crew. What is really unexpected is the fact that this congress is going to give away our national parks. When all the hunters and fishermen in this country realize that the GOP gave away all the public land that they used to hunt on so uranium could be mined and oil could be drilled, it could be the GOP's undoing.

But will they ever realize? I feel like I've been waiting for decades for working class GOP supporters to realize any number of blatantly obvious thing their chosen leaders do that directly harms them. So far, not even a glimmer of awareness.

it's one thing to pick sides when technology and automation are taking your jobs, and removing your mountains, because one side says "job training" and the other side says "I'll bring back your jobs". It's another thing to pick sides when one side says "I privatized the land you used to hunt and fish on" and the other side says "I fought for our national heritage"

IDK, as I type it, it sounds fucking stupid and pointless. I hope my kids can see the Grand Canyon without a fucking Uranium mine in the middle of it.

Hail Trump. If this formal ascendancy is what Allen and Kennard needed to start demanding the ball from Giles and Tatum, then this is a good overall thing. One more Duke basketball title in exchange for having civil rights and the environment set back 4-8 years. Worth it.

I see a lot of responses about Trump supporters having jobs to go to during the day, unlike Obama supporters, but no one has the balls to point out the real issue: minorities are fatter.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Trump people have jobs, what jobs do we have to bring back?

aiw said:

This stuff is relatively normal for a transition, just like climate change, LGBT, and Obamacare pages are gone from whitehouse.gov right now. If they STAY gone, well.............

Last edited by a moderator:
aiw said:
If the Trump people have jobs, what jobs do we have to bring back?

Dude...I always use this. They don't get it, though.

http://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/20 ... 785/13994/

Trolls or retards?

Chris said he was frustrated by protesters who refused to accept the new president and who, he said, were being disrespectful. Bikers for Trump was there to promote the peaceful transition of power, he said, and facilitate peaceful celebration of the new president.

The goal of the rally? “It’s just to show people that bullies never win.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a- ... d97ed120c4

A Trump book for sale at the National History Museum is riddled with falsehoods

Hall was equally defensive in linking Clinton to birther claims about Obama. His book includes a copy of Obama’s birth certificate, underneath this account of the controversy:

“Hillary had successfully scapegoated Donald, her friend and a man who trusted her, in order to save herself from being eaten alive by her own party for her disgraceful campaign tactics. The media also pushed the lie that Donald was the one who initiated the “Birther Movement” to further cover up Hillary’s treachery...”

President Obama, the book maintains, “eventually caved and released his long-form birth certificate to prove his citizenship...”

Despite the Trump book’s bent, its author said in an interview that he did not vote for the 70-year-old real estate mogul. Hall said he voted for the Green Party’s Jill Stein and described himself as a former supporter of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

aiw said:
http://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2017/01/live-coverage-of-the-presidential-inauguration/513785/13994/

Trolls or retards?

Chris said he was frustrated by protesters who refused to accept the new president and who, he said, were being disrespectful. Bikers for Trump was there to promote the peaceful transition of power, he said, and facilitate peaceful celebration of the new president.

The goal of the rally? “It’s just to show people that bullies never win.”

Such a shame, the way this poor man is being treated. Why, no one ever treated President Obama disrespectfully, why are they now doing it to Trump, a man who only wants to raise us all up?

There are Trump protesters right now in front of Trader Joe's in Wilmington. I could be way off, but I don't feel like this is an effective strategy.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom