Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

niveklaen said:
ZackM said:
Bruh, few and several are not defined like that.

couple is less than few is less than several. couple is 2. I don't know any other way to conceive of several.

What a weird post. Weirder than expounding on the dangers of North Korea without realizing that they already have nuclear weapons.

Reminds me of defining "is."

Anyway, China's a wild card here, because there is no way in hell they're going to give in to Trump's demands that they clamp down on Kim. Culturally and diplomatically, that's just not going to happen. If the US continues to push this envelope and force China's hand, they'll side with Kim, and you can anticipate a few outcomes, chief of which I'd expect to be:

1. More Chinese cyber attacks against the US.
2. China using their relatively (whether that translates to "a few," "a couple," or "several" years ago) newfound financial influence in the US to drive the dollar down and otherwise destabilize the economy.
3. The People's Liberation Army ramping up the saber-rattling, up to and including taking action against disputed strategic island chains and maybe even Taiwan. Try to force their hand, and they'll respond in kind.

There's a whole lot of domino effect potential here, and that's a huge concern given the shortsightedness of the current Administration.

Also, this may be too Clancy-ish, but it may not be too much of a stretch to imagine Assad and Kim being cajoled by other US rivals to see just how they can stretch the US' military resources.

Need agencies in other counties to do the work for American intelligence. My fear is that as they get closer to a smoking gun, Trump will keep firing bombs off to distract. So by the time everything is revealed, we will have randomly nuked a dozen countries, including Canada, New Zealand, Kenya and India, along with several of our own states, including Hawaii, California and New York.

Last edited by a moderator:

...unless you've been in school, or have had a business or job or had to look for a job or, or, or...any time since the latter part of the 20th century.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump voters were indeed more on the racist side of things relative to GOP voters of the past:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... nequality/

imrs.php

imrs.php

C9n4-AcW0AEOwDc.jpg:large

1. Caption lol.
2. Could they find a scarier fucking rabbit? Why is it wearing glasses?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinio ... 65349.html

N.C. considering a surgery bill that Kentucky regrets passing

As a professor of ophthalmology and a teacher of eye surgeons, I implore North Carolina not to make the mistake my Kentucky made six years ago, blindly rushing into law a bill that let non-surgeons operate on people’s eyes – a move legislators later regretted, and which Kentucky’s citizens opposed four-to-one.

The N.C. General Assembly is considering two misguided proposals, House Bill 36 and Senate Bill 342, that would let optometrists – who are not medical doctors and have little or no surgical training – perform hundreds of kinds of eye surgery with scalpels and lasers. Such a move would threaten patient safety across North Carolina while raising the cost of health care for everyone.

HB 36 and SB 342 remove the current law’s requirement of a medical license to perform eye surgery and would prevent the North Carolina Medical Board from determining the standards of medical education and surgical training. These bills cast aside vital safety protections for patients across North Carolina.

In Kentucky, as in North Carolina, optometrists cite “access to care” as a justification to let them go beyond their proper scope of practice. But access claims have been vastly overstated in both states. An optometrist in Kernersville, N.C., recently claimed that her patients must travel to neighboring Winston-Salem (10 miles) or Greensboro (17 miles) to see an ophthalmologist, as if that were untenable. Meanwhile, there’s an ophthalmology office only a mile and a half away.

aiw said:

1. Caption lol.

Somebody took a bunch of film from the Easter Roll and set it to Donnie Darko's "Mad World."

aiw said:

1. Caption lol.

Best I could come up with yesterday morning (pic had Melania and Barron in it as well):

The White House Easter Egg Roll. Pictured are First Lady Melania Trump and Barron Trump along with a cartoonish goofy-looking character who relies on made-up stories for his popularity among the people.

Oh, and the Easter Bunny is there as well.

aiw said:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article145065349.html

N.C. considering a surgery bill that Kentucky regrets passing

As a professor of ophthalmology and a teacher of eye surgeons, I implore North Carolina not to make the mistake my Kentucky made six years ago, blindly rushing into law a bill that let non-surgeons operate on people’s eyes – a move legislators later regretted, and which Kentucky’s citizens opposed four-to-one.

The N.C. General Assembly is considering two misguided proposals, House Bill 36 and Senate Bill 342, that would let optometrists – who are not medical doctors and have little or no surgical training – perform hundreds of kinds of eye surgery with scalpels and lasers. Such a move would threaten patient safety across North Carolina while raising the cost of health care for everyone.

HB 36 and SB 342 remove the current law’s requirement of a medical license to perform eye surgery and would prevent the North Carolina Medical Board from determining the standards of medical education and surgical training. These bills cast aside vital safety protections for patients across North Carolina.

In Kentucky, as in North Carolina, optometrists cite “access to care” as a justification to let them go beyond their proper scope of practice. But access claims have been vastly overstated in both states. An optometrist in Kernersville, N.C., recently claimed that her patients must travel to neighboring Winston-Salem (10 miles) or Greensboro (17 miles) to see an ophthalmologist, as if that were untenable. Meanwhile, there’s an ophthalmology office only a mile and a half away.

This is great news. We're only a bill or two away from allowing barbers to perform surgeries, just like the good ol days. I've got a pretty good creek running along the back of my property, I need to see if leech farming might be feasible there.

I hope they only allow barbers to perform brain surgery. Have to keep them within their circle of competence.

DukeCrow said:
I hope they only allow barbers to perform brain surgery. Have to keep them within their circle of competence.

Dentistry, too. Really anything above the neck should be fair game.

Wait, the folks who sell glasses out of a mall attached store and whose job it is to get you to read a chart of letters, have to go to school for four years to do that??

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom