Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

DurhamSon said:
Wait, the folks who sell glasses out of a mall attached store and whose job it is to get you to read a chart of letters, have to go to school for four years to do that??

Well, they have to put those drops in your eyes sometimes, too.

Poor Bill O'Reilly, forced out at Fox News. Just can't sexually harrass like you used to. MAGA!

It's not that he sexually harassed since FOX has settled with women in the past, it's that the public found out about it and got sponsors to pull their ads

Dems just need to run someone in 2020 who is as likable as United Airlines, and they win the Presidency. They'll run Chelsea Clinton.

Last edited by a moderator:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

Dems just need to run someone in 2020 who is as likable as United Airlines, and they win the Presidency. They'll run Chelsea Clinton.

Or Elizabeth Warren. Or maybe the two of them will be the ticket.

Pretty much. Some of the people in here were actually there.

deepdarkblue said:
If the party can find a candidate to run for her Senate seat. Governor Patrick, maybe?

I'd rather she remain as the party attack dog during what's sure to be another ugly campaign.

dkst0426 said:
deepdarkblue said:
If the party can find a candidate to run for her Senate seat. Governor Patrick, maybe?

I'd rather she remain as the party attack dog during what's sure to be another ugly campaign.

Elizabeth Warren would give you a second Trump term, unless he's been impeached by then. The general public likes her almost as much as they do Hillary.

Yep. Which is why I think she's better off falling on the sword as the one who takes him on whilst the ticket actually campaigns.

aiw said:
http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/the-white-house-seems-excited-to-shut-down-the-government

This article is amazing. Read the quotes from the "anonymous White House source".

the White House source uses the best words. Just tremendous.

Omarosa

It would be a truly stunning show of incompetence if they can't reach a deal given they have control of the House, Senate and Executive branch.

Trump is now saying he's only been in office 60 days. If he's subtracting his time at Mar a Lago, this could be accurate.

So I want to thank you very much. So do we have the executive order, please?

So this is promoting agriculture and rural prosperity in America. And, now, there’s a lot of words I won’t bother reading everything. But agriculture and rural prosperity in America, that’s what we want. And we don’t want to be taken advantage of by other countries — and that’s stopping, and that’s stopping fast. Okay, thank you.

Trump signing an executive order today.

New health care bill will allow states to waive covering pre-existing conditions and waive essential health benefits as delineated by Affordable Care Act.

An amendment has been added that would allow members of congress and their staffers to keep those as is. Unbelievable.

https://www.vox.com/2017/4/25/15429982/ ... -amendment

I'll admit it, I like almost all of Trump's proposed tax reform ideas, when ignoring the fact that he is not proposing any reasonable way to balance the tax cuts with overall spending cuts. The only idea I disagree with is lowering the number of brackets to 3. Yes, Americans are idiots and need their taxes simplified, and Trump is doing well to recognize that, but we can handle more than 3 brackets. Ideally, there should be a single function/formula used to calculate taxes on a curve, rather than relying on discrete increments in the current bracket system, and with fewer brackets, we get further away from that ideal.

35% tax on the 1 billionth dollar and the same 35% tax on the 300,000th dollar - this doesn't make sense other than to cut taxes disproportionately on the super wealthy, and Trump's whole reform is going to be denied because of it, along with the whole "we have no way to afford these cuts" problem. It's a shame, because his other ideas are good, IMO, and tax/entitlement reform is the only compelling reason any reasonable, traditional conservative would still vote for him. If he doesn't get this done, he will have nothing but his 35-40% base left for 2020.

Hotline set up by the government to field calls about crimes committed by illegal aliens (very Nazi by the way) is being overwhelmed by calls reporting crimes by space aliens.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom