Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

NCCUknow said:
AxeS24 said:
aiw said:
LOL. You're gonna make a great adult.

No one said ANY politicians are in it only for the greater good, but if you can't see the difference between Obama/Clinton and Trump, there is nothing further to discuss.

Obama had no reason to spy on Trump. Trump (and his associates) got caught, allegedly, while the CIA and others were looking for real bad guys.

Did Hillary Clinton not break federal law by using a private e-mail server while SOS?

No

Silliness.

You and establishment Dems like you are the reason why a caricature like Trump won. It's pretty hilarious because Clinton and the Dem establishment are the absolute antithesis of liberalism. The American people are not dumb. Something something about Condorcet's jury theorem seems apropos here.

And I am not a GOP guy, just to clear the air. I hold a mixture of views most similar to Mike Bloomberg and Christopher Hitchens.

AxeS24 said:
NCCUknow said:
AxeS24 said:
aiw said:
LOL. You're gonna make a great adult.

No one said ANY politicians are in it only for the greater good, but if you can't see the difference between Obama/Clinton and Trump, there is nothing further to discuss.

Obama had no reason to spy on Trump. Trump (and his associates) got caught, allegedly, while the CIA and others were looking for real bad guys.

Did Hillary Clinton not break federal law by using a private e-mail server while SOS?

No

Silliness.

You and establishment Dems like you are the reason why a caricature like Trump won. It's pretty hilarious because Clinton and the Dem establishment are the absolute antithesis of liberalism. The American people are not dumb. Something something about Condorcet's jury theorem seems apropos here.

And I am not a GOP guy, just to clear the air. I hold a mixture of views most similar to Mike Bloomberg and Christopher Hitchens.

You speak in such certainties. Like, you were certain that Bamba was going to Duke. When you realized that Bamba going to Duke isn't a certainty, why wouldn't it make you realize that you can't speak about someone's, a someone that you know virtually nothing about, political views with such certainty?

You do not know that NCCU is an "establishment Dem" any more than you know where Bamba is going to school.

Man, today is like a full-on Trump Twitter Hall of Fame day.

Last edited by a moderator:
The American people, for the most part, are dumb, axe.

Was a terrific day, dkst, the best day.

How embarrassing.

My favorite part, outside of Trump inviting a murderer to the White House and praising a dictator while threatening him with nuclear war, is that Trump supporters are saying that Trump was clearly referring to the Nullification Crisis when he said that Jackson could have stopped the Civil War before it started.

Lol at the Civil War comments.

I highly doubt many of his base (or anyone who'd vote for him, for that matter) care. In fact, I'd bet this imbroglio helps him. It will further paint him as "one of us" battling against the evil elitist media/Hollywood/intelligentsia, as crazy as that sounds, given he's a billionaire from New York City.

Also: it's not what you say, it's how confidently you say it. People want to be led by strength (perceived, at least)

AxeS24 said:
Lol at the Civil War comments.

I highly doubt many of his base (or anyone who'd vote for him, for that matter) care. In fact, I'd bet this imbroglio helps him. It will further paint him as "one of us" battling against the evil elitist media/Hollywood/intelligentsia, as crazy as that sounds, given he's a billionaire from New York City.

Also: it's not what you say, it's how confidently you say it. People want to be led by strength (perceived, at least)

This belies your "Americans are not stupid" stance.

dukeberto said:
deepdarkblue said:
aiw said:
Hotline set up by the government to field calls about crimes committed by illegal aliens (very Nazi by the way) is being overwhelmed by calls reporting crimes by space aliens.

Well that's just great. Now we're going to have to pay to build a fucking dome to cover the whole country, plus another one for Alaska (fuck Hawaii, that's just an island in the Pacific)

I laughed

It is my duty to inform American taxpayers of a bunch of Canadian yokels who want to build a wall for you:

http://www.quintenews.com/2017/04/county-company-wants-build-trump-wall/146032/

They may have to revise their cost estimate if POTUS requires construction of a dome over the country.

torontoduke said:
dukeberto said:
deepdarkblue said:
aiw said:
Hotline set up by the government to field calls about crimes committed by illegal aliens (very Nazi by the way) is being overwhelmed by calls reporting crimes by space aliens.

Well that's just great. Now we're going to have to pay to build a fucking dome to cover the whole country, plus another one for Alaska (fuck Hawaii, that's just an island in the Pacific)

I laughed

It is my duty to inform American taxpayers of a bunch of Canadian yokels who want to build a wall for you:

http://www.quintenews.com/2017/04/county-company-wants-build-trump-wall/146032/

They may have to revise their cost estimate if POTUS requires constriction of a dome over the county.

This reminds me of an old joke where a UNC grad and a Duke grad were each offered one wish...

UNC grad: build a beautiful wall around Chapel Hill a hundred feet high to keep it pristine and to keep out the Yankee Duke scum.
Duke Grad: Fill it with cement.

Quick and mindless snapshot by CNN of Dem candidates for 2020:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/ ... index.html

I like the idea of McAuliffe, though I don't know much about him other than he talks and acts like a working class guy and is white, male, Christian and relatively moderate. This is the formula. They would be crazy to risk another loss to Trump with anything but this formula. Sacrifice ideals for safety. Then put a half-black, half-Hispanic lesbian out there in 2028, assuming the GOP has a more traditional candidate.

Biden/Kasich unity ticket.

Duckworth, Murphy, Booker, and Harris all intrigue me.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Quick and mindless snapshot by CNN of Dem candidates for 2020:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/ ... index.html

I like the idea of McAuliffe, though I don't know much about him other than he talks and acts like a working class guy and is white, male, Christian and relatively moderate. This is the formula. They would be crazy to risk another loss to Trump with anything but this formula. Sacrifice ideals for safety. Then put a half-black, half-Hispanic lesbian out there in 2028, assuming the GOP has a more traditional candidate.

That first tier is uninspiring as fuck.

McAuliffe is DOA as a candidate IMO. Deep ties to the Clintons, major Wall Street fundraiser, ethics issues.

The ticket pretty much HAS to have someone from the Rust Belt. Shame Granholm is ineligible.

These fuckers are going pass this thing in the House tomorrow. The current bill still protects them from the pre-existing conditions waiver. The 'nos' switched to 'yes' over an giving additional $8b to something that would need more than $200b to be sustainable.

Yep. They're saying shit like "It's got some warts, but we'll fix those after we pass it". Jesus Christ.

Chaffetz saying he's going to go after Obama's pension for his $400K speech.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom