Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

rome8180 said:
These people are murderers. Not gonna sugarcoat it. They are human scum, and they are singing on the House floor about the eventual deaths of tens of thousands.

This
+1
Hi5

DurhamSon said:
rome8180 said:
These people are murderers. Not gonna sugarcoat it. They are human scum, and they are singing on the House floor about the eventual deaths of tens of thousands.

And they literally say things like the Republican plan reduces "the costs to those people who lead good lives, they’re healthy, they’ve done the things to keep their bodies healthy." When one of them is diagnosed with cancer, does that prove they've lived a bad life? Are they kicked out of their rich murderer club? Or is the real bad life they're referring to simply not being rich?

It was the house dems who were singing

Correct. The Republicans walked into the chamber playing the Rocky theme song. Then left in party buses filled with Bud Light (lol) to go for a photo-op at the WH for a half-passed bill. Fucking morons.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
This isn't getting past the Senate as is anyway, so I think it needs some important factors fixed before it's final. Really, the only thing the Republicans in Congress should hold firm on is the elimination of the extra taxes caused by Obamacare (net investment income). I believe that's the only thing they actually care about in this entire health care fight.

Find a way to improve the features in the final version while sneaking in more subtle costs for the poor to fund their own improved healthcare, I guess. Probably not going to be popular among the masses, but the members of Congress won't care, and what people think doesn't matter at this point. Rooms of wealthy old white men are making decisions for the poor.

I don't think the Democrats GAF about this, either. They come out of this looking great by publicly opposing it and faking how upset they are, while they and their families will largely be unaffected.

This is all probably very true.

What a fucking idiot. We should all kill ourselves in embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
please-god-save-us-2.jpg

Unemployment is at a 10-year low (4.4%) and the jobs report beat estimates. Pretty amazing that such a large country can have that low of a rate. Smaller "developed" nations like Spain and Italy are at 18.4% and 12%, respectively.

The U.S. has added 16 million jobs since 2009.

What a country. I couldn't be more bullish. America's best days lie ahead.

"The glamour of it all! New York! America!" - Charlie Chaplin

Other countries unemployment rates:

Japan - 3.0
India - 3.4
Mexico - 3.7
China - 4.1
Germany - 4.3
UK - 4.8

Topher said:
Other countries unemployment rates:

Japan - 3.0
India - 3.4
Mexico - 3.7
China - 4.1
Germany - 4.3
UK - 4.8

Only 2 of those are larger than America, and they are not developed.

Uh, there *are* only two countries larger than the US, so it would be kind of difficult for there to be...more than two.

deepdarkblue said:
Uh, there *are* only two countries larger than the US, so it would be kind of difficult for there to be...more than two.

Look, I don't have much respect for European nations, and I hold America in high esteem. Back to back world war champs. I love American football, guns, BBQ, Westerns, Rock and Roll, and beautiful women, and I know that will probably be controversial on this board, but I'm not a dumb Trumpite.

I don't really care about this argument one way or another, but I don't believe for a second that the unemployment rate in India or Mexico is that low.

physicsfactor said:
I don't really care about this argument one way or another, but I don't believe for a second that the unemployment rate in India or Mexico is that low.
Yeah, those numbers surprised me as well. However, I don't know how different countries calculate their unemployment rates.

Regardless, it's not like the US is some shining beacon of employment compared to other nations.

AxeS24 said:
deepdarkblue said:

Look, I don't have much respect for European nations, and I hold America in high esteem. Back to back world war champs. I love American football, guns, BBQ, Westerns, Rock and Roll, and beautiful women, and I know that will probably be controversial on this board, but I'm not a dumb Trumpite.

Do you think everyone on this board is a Bernie Bro? :lol:

Loves beautiful women? Must be an American!

On an unrelated note, I've always wondered how well a BBQ joint would do in a country like Germany. They do their meats all wrong.

deepdarkblue said:
Rock and roll, only in America.

Only in America but also in Sweden. ABBA were great.

Topher - Germans know their cured meats; part of a hearty breakfast.

Topher said:
On an unrelated note, I've always wondered how well a BBQ joint would do in a country like Germany. They do their meats all wrong.

mexican food is the future in europe

Axe, have you actually travelled to other countries? Or better yet, lived in one for an extended period of time?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom