Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

There’s also probably some causation the other way with Trump denigrating mail-in voting. As he continues to do so, the divide among his voters and Biden voters with respect to intended voting method will likely increase significantly. Which of course is good strategy by Trump, since mailed votes are much more likely not to be counted due to administrative error.

The silver lining for Democrats, in this overlooked factor that can swing the election, is that once mainstream liberals wisen up to this, they will put out the word that Biden voters should go vote in person if at all possible. Similar to liberals being totally on board with the BLM protests during COVID, they will easily justify voting in person despite COVID. We could see these numbers move dramatically.

I’m surprised at those numbers. I will be voting in person because I don’t trust my county, which royally screwed up the primary (I’m still waiting for my absentee ballot). And that county will be something like 70/30 Biden so it’s not a partisan thing.

There’s other options like early voting if you don’t want to stand in line on Election Day itself.

Voting by mail was equivalent for party affiliation until Trump started shitting on it.

Are these really tactics when they hurt his own cause? If I shit in my own mouth because I am hungry, is this considered a tactic to stave off hunger?

It's still a tactic. Whether they're effective or not is irrelevant. There's a pretty clear playbook of him doing this for the last 4-5 years on Twitter.
The lengths people (you) will go to to defend his insanity and stupidity is truly remarkable. He's a loser. Why die on this hill?

I'm not defending him.
Uhhh...right.

Just because I'm not attacking him doesn't mean I'm defending him. His tweet, whether one is in support of it or not, is a clear pattern of his Twitter behavior the last 4+ years. Identifying that he uses a tactic like this is not an endorsement or defense of the content of the tweet. Effectiveness or agreeability isn't required for something to be a tactic. 3-2 to start the half versus Kansas was horrible but it's still a tactic.
Why did you respond the way you did to my original post about him suggesting the election be delayed? What did hope to accomplish? What compelled you to say anything?

to point out that Trump was full of shit and has no intention of delaying the election.

Unfortunate that this is on HBO instead of everywhere.

Doesn't this give the Democrats a ton of leverage (which they will squander)?

Earlier today, he says Dems are blocking any bill, despite passing one 10 weeks ago. Now, he's saying he would need at least 25 Democrats to pass his own bill. Again, makes the GOP look terrible right as people are going to start hurting again. I don't get this strategy at all.

All the big meme accounts in Instagram have been sharing info about mail-in voting recently. I've been noticing that almost all of the comments shown on them (which are the most "liked" ones) are youngish people posting right-wing/Trumper/anti-mail-in-voting talking points.

Makes you wonder. I can't imagine the majority of people following the big Instagram meme accounts are staunch conservatives. The ratios seem... off.

There must be an actual gene that controls whether or not a person can feel shame. The Trump family is joyfully free of it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom