Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

The disintegration of this country is picking up speed and it's intentional. Where are the Dems on this? Silence or ineffective tweets is all we have.

The disintegration of this country is picking up speed and it's intentional. Where are the Dems on this? Silence or ineffective tweets is all we have.

Has the Democratic party had any good leadership in the last 20 years? All I can remember are lifelong party members who get the equivalent of social promotion through the ranks. They are weak and uninspiring.

Optimist view that makes me feel slightly better at least.

Yeah, and I was thinking earlier that bleedin' heart liberals, in general, are a lot more likely to join in transport efforts and to donate personal time to helping others vote, versus the typical modern Republican and his self-centered "Masks are violating my rights" and "All your kids should be in school for teh economy" and "You don't deserve any more unemployment benefits, even if you don't have a job to go back to".
Those don't generally seem like people eager to step up and sacrifice for a greater good.

Another reminder, there are good people on both sides.

was that one of the choke holds that are being banned that was used to restrain him at the end of the video?

Possibly, but since it's Florida it will always be legal there. Actually they should have just shot him, which is also legal in Florida. But since he's a white guy, probably harder to get away with unless you're a cop.

Guy is a turd and was rightfully arrested but hmm... 5 relatively big guys to take down this asshole with one choking him out and one putting his knee on his chest. It’s almost like it’s hard to take down a guy who wants to fight and not go down..

Oh, it was supposed to be another tweet that said that at least 32 Chinese companies collected at least $180 million in PPP money. I guess I didn't copy it right.

According to the Brennan Center for Justice and the Democratic-run Democracy Docket, swing states that currently do not accept ballots that are postmarked before but arrive after Election Day include: Arizona, Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio and Georgia. Those states will decide the election.

This sheds more light on an important piece by David Wasserman predicting a disaster brewing around absentee ballots. Democrats will use vote-by-mail in far higher numbers than Republicans — due to Trump’s nonstop attacks on it — yet absentee ballots get rejected at disproportionate rates, due to procedural complexities.

And here’s an additional reason for alarm that needs more attention: The impact of those delays could be dramatically exacerbated by state laws that invalidate ballots that are mailed before Election Day but arrive after Election Day.

Guess which key presidential swing states have such provisions invalidating ballots that arrive after Election Day?
All of them do, with the exception of North Carolina.
“In states where ballots won’t count if they are received after Election Day, the impact could be devastating," Vanita Gupta, the CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, told me, adding that this could “result in potentially hundreds of thousands of ballots getting rejected.”
“The delays are going to be unpredictable with the cuts being made on the postal service,” Gupta continued. “That impact could turn a swing state completely.”

i didn't realize that ballots arriving after E-day but postmarked before then by rule weren't counted. I just assumed that it was always done by postmark date. That seems like an gigantic factor that is only now getting discussed.

Article goes on to say this rule will be challenged in the courts, but any scenario where the margin is small enough (and if the partisan distribution of mail in voting keeps growing, it doesn't have to be small at all) and this ends up in the courts requiring resolution before disparate State certification deadlines and other processes, seems like a huge break for the incumbency, who presumably will have the lead after election night and perhaps weeks after.

Another article I read a while back but can't recall exactly indicated that ballots cast less than 7-14 days could very well be in danger of missing the deadlines, especially with the expected volume this year. I wonder how many Americans mail their IRS tax returns ahead of April 15th with that kind of buffer, typically?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom