Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

I thought VCU got points on some deep/contested 3s, and they capitalized well on our TOs. I didn't think our defense was great, but didn't think it was terrible.

Our perimeter defense was horrible. Even still, VCU hit ridiculous shots.

DurhamSon said:
offense moves up, defense down to #37

A quick drop with bad initial rating tells you how bad they have really been.

DurhamSon said:
308th in D1 at defending threes

That won't hold, imo.

I mean, how many guarded 25-footers have opposing teams hit against us? A fucking player hit a 50-footer for Christ's sake.

I agree that won't hold, though. K will adjust at the expense of 75% 2 point percentage.

The zone is helping, IMO. When we switched into the zone with Amile up top, it was very effective. It was pretty effective when Amile was in the middle and Ingram was up top, but then Ingram had to play offense too.

I don't really see the advantage of pressure M2M at the end of the game. I think the zone would remain effective with the right personnel, and zones tend to burn more clock to attack than M2M in most situations. They also tend to limit fouling.

Jamal Murray banked in a three, Georgetown hit a 50 footer, and there were a few contested 25 feet threes go down. That stat is certainly going to drop once that crap is removed, but our 3PT defense is still a concern. We're giving up a lot of open looks.

We're stopping teams from attempting a lot of threes, which we do every single year. That's all that can be hoped for, right? Don't see why we should be concerned about our 3 point defense when it's a consistent strength of our program.

We're stopping giving up a lot of 3 attempts because we invited them to take 3 foot 2 point attempts.

Down to #5 overall, behind Kansas.

On the bright side, the defensive 3pt% has broken into the top 300 on the back of strong luck against Yale.

The fact that Miami's offense has vaulted up to #2 in such a short time is terrifying.

Miami is shooting 45.4% from 3, with 4 guys shooting over 50% on 10 attempts or more. I wouldn't expect that to hold up. Duke is shooting 37.0%, which would be Duke's worst mark over the last seven seasons.

This is kind of defeatist about our own team, but the more ACC teams better than UNC, the better. I can live with us finishing 4th or whatever as long as someone keeps them from getting 1 or even 2 seed, which means Roy won't do shit with them in the postseason. Then with the expected attrition hitting UVA and UM after this year, well, that opens things us up for the title run

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom