Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

Repeat, or fire K. When you have Grayson Allen on your team, those are the stakes.

ACC has 3 of the top 7 and 10 of the top 41. Strength of schedule should help on the computers.

Time to pull you head out of your ass, K. This is the best team you've had, on paper, in a long, long time.

Offense went up, I think, but I can't remember what our defense was before. Didn't fall significantly.

Didn't this exact same stuff with threes being scored against us happen to start last year too? IIRC we were in the bottom 100 of 3p% allowed even in January and we couldn't believe it was anything but variance, which was confirmed when regression to the mean happened and opponents finally stopped hitting at those rates. I think this is just that.

Last year was the opposite actually. We started the year defending the three at an incredible rate. Gasaway argued it was not sustainable. It wasn't. When it went away the other flaws in our defense started to show.

The good news is our defense looks respectable despite the weird anomaly of playing two teams full of temporary Steph Currys.

DurhamSon said:
I dunno. We never recovered from the 63% State 3pt shooting and the 73% Tech shooting that completely torpedoed our rating. Still 2nd from last in conference play so far in 3pt defense, which I don't think actually reflects much at all wrt our defense. For the first time, I think KP is underrating our defense because its putting too much weight in the variance of this 3pt defense as the result of a systematic issue.

Just keep playing good D against good teams and the rest will work itself out.

He also must have changed his algorithm big time, since our defensive PPP this year would have been top 15 last season

There's the post I was thinking of, from february this year. We ended up finishing 10th out of 15th in the league in 3 point defense by the end of the season so eventually things evened out like I imagine it will this year, hopefully much sooner.

Bringing back memories of that 9% three point shooter from georgia tech draining multiple ones against us in Cameron...

We had amazing 3 point defense last year until that State game, though, as Rome said

#3 and falling. Defense in free-fall. Pomeroy's computer couldn't understand how 6 good defensive games at the end of last season didn't make the defense at Duke all well again.

I predict this as yet another year where idiots focus on our supposed offensive problems.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
#3 and falling. Defense in free-fall. Pomeroy's computer couldn't understand how 6 good defensive games at the end of last season didn't make the defense at Duke all well again.

That still doesn't include today. Not inputted yet.

DurhamSon said:
We actually played top 20 caliber D today, despite that putrid first half.
Probably a top 5 caliber second half. I mean, at one point they went 3-15.

72 possessions, or right around our season average so far. Will probably be back around 65 come conference play.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom