Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

What's the PPP number that Duke has to hold Wisc to, to end up top 10 in KP's adjusted D?

LastHearth said:
What's the PPP number that Duke has to hold Wisc to, to end up top 10 in KP's adjusted D?

I mean, who cares at this point, really. It's not like we're gonna complain if Wiscy scores a ton and WE win with another fluke offensive showing.

Rebound and protect the threes = win. It'd be helpful to get 10+ fast break points too but that may be wishful thinking. The way the defense has played this tournament, one more game like that and I like Duke's chances.

Finished with exactly 66.0 possessions per game for a second straight year. Just one of countless similarities between 2014 Duke basketball and 2015 Duke basketball.

Not that it matters, but I'm surprised our defense didn't get yet another bump from last night.

rome8180 said:
Not that it matters, but I'm surprised our defense didn't get yet another bump from last night.
Yeah, that made no sense to me unless #11 was just so far ahead of us that they couldn't be reached. Duke held kenpom's best offense ever to 1.05 ppp and Duke's D didn't get a huge bump??

Thanks, none of the other sites that I usually go to for RPI had it. Looks like the "previous" may have been the pre-tourney.

physicsfactor said:
rome8180 said:
Yeah, that made no sense to me unless #11 was just so far ahead of us that they couldn't be reached. Duke held kenpom's best offense ever to 1.05 ppp and Duke's D didn't get a huge bump??

Someone should ask him

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Thanks, none of the other sites that I usually go to for RPI had it. Looks like the "previous" may have been the pre-tourney.

What a weird page. Yes, let's rank the teams by RPI, and list 6 columns of data, but not actually include the RPI scores anywhere.

aiw said:
physicsfactor said:
rome8180 said:

Someone should ask him

In theory, the higher you get the harder it should be to climb higher, right? The expected defensive production of the #12 defense is much better than the expected defensive production of the #25 defense, so the numbers aren't as easy to move.

I don't know. I still expected us to be #8 or so, which would have made Kenpom look like a genius since he had us at #8 defensively to begin the year.

The defense improved significantly, just not enough to pass anyone else. From pre-Tournament onward, Duke improved 0.038 ppp in adjusted defensive efficiency. I wouldn't expect to see that matched again in our lifetimes by any team. The improvement per game was probably equivalent to adding Gary Payton Jr. to the pre-Tournament version of the team.

2014-15 preseason ratings, to laugh at how stupid Pomeroy was. Florida...

kenpom.0.png

College basketball was great this year. Take a look at Pyths from prior years. Duke finished 4th this year at .9594, behind UK, Arizona and Wisconsin. Going back to 2006, that rating would have in every year, with the exception of I believe only 2010 (Duke and Kansas at 1, 2), landed Duke in either the #1 or #2 overall spot.

.9594 is very good, but I wonder what Duke's KP rating would have been when considering only games against fellow KP top 50 teams. Possibly the best ever? Duke's KP rating was generally hurt most by underwhelming performances in close wins such as @VT, @FSU and GT, and one really bad loss against Miami. If they actually would have given a shit on those days and won those games by 15-20 like they should have, they are probably in the Kentucky range.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom