Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

I have had more migraine like headaches in the last 10 days than I have all year. This weird weather pattern of rain every other day needs to GTFOH.

Based on how she handled it, I'm going to assume this woman who won the Powerball is an idiot who will be in the news crying about how miserable that money made her sometime in the future.

If I won it'd be tempting to take the lump sum, but I think I'd go with the annuity payout option. Not only is it more money, but it just seems safer.

I'd take the lump sum simply because my name is going to change immediately after I win and I'm probably going to be living in a country or countries that aren't the USA. So just give me my money and I'll be on my way.

You take the lump sum unless you're worried you are a horrible money manager. Most people are horrible money managers, though.

If I won the lottery, I would tell no one except for my immediate family. Wouldn't even tell the in-laws. I'd collect my money, move abroad with my wife, and buy a winery.

Reactions: aiw
If I won the lottery, I would tell no one except for my immediate family. Wouldn't even tell the in-laws. I'd collect my money, move abroad with my wife, and buy a winery.
Except for the part where you may be in a state that requires you to publicly collect it.

Except for the part where you may be in a state that requires you to publicly collect it.

Damn, that's a thing? That blows
There are only a handful of states that allow an individual to collect anonymously, I believe. Whether you can do so through a series of trusts would be a worthwhile discussion to have with a lawyer before claiming the prize, though... which this lady clearly did not do.

There are only a handful of states that allow an individual to collect anonymously, I believe. Whether you can do so through a series of trusts would be a worthwhile discussion to have with a lawyer before claiming the prize, though... which this lady clearly did not do.

Yeah, there're only six states where you can remain anonymous. It's inconvenient, but I'd change my name regardless.

Yeah, there're only six states where you can remain anonymous. It's inconvenient, but I'd change my name regardless.
Is Michigan one of them?

Is Michigan one of them?

Nope.

South Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, North Dakota, Ohio and Kansas

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil