Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

Anyone have any ideas for someone who might work on Lithium Ion battery packs? Like the Greenworks/Ego yard tool stuff?

I've got a big Ego battery that's showing signs of a dying cell, but apparently retail stores don't work on that type of battery for liability reasons. I'd rather KMS than have to buy a new $400 battery due to a failing $5 cell, though. Seems like someone should exist in the metro area who can do this stuff.

Anyone have any ideas for someone who might work on Lithium Ion battery packs? Like the Greenworks/Ego yard tool stuff?

I've got a big Ego battery that's showing signs of a dying cell, but apparently retail stores don't work on that type of battery for liability reasons. I'd rather KMS than have to buy a new $400 battery due to a failing $5 cell, though. Seems like someone should exist in the metro area who can do this stuff.

Just watch a YouTube video and fix it yourself, how hard can it be?

Then do what I do and buy a new one off eBay from the guy whose listing says "Got the tool with the battery, don't need the battery so selling it here" but a glance at his history shows he's sold a few hundred of the same battery in the past year.
If he's still there, he sells Ego batteries for 20-30% less than the best price I could find anywhere else.

What kind of grinder do you all use for your coffee beans? Any particular brand you think is awesome?
I would like to know this too. I have the world's shittiest grinder right now. No matter which setting you set it on, it comes out the same.

What kind of grinder do you all use for your coffee beans? Any particular brand you think is awesome?
I would like to know this too. I have the world's shittiest grinder right now. No matter which setting you set it on, it comes out the same.
We use a Magic Bullet (the mini blender, not a sex toy), and it’s not very effective.

We use a Magic Bullet (the mini blender, not a sex toy), and it’s not very effective.

Get an Oxo bur grinder. They're reasonably priced and do a decent job.

I had hesitated to recommend anything because some people take their coffee snobbery a bit too far, but now that you've shared that you're currently doing the equivalent of piling your beans in the driveway and running over them a few times, I'm confident my suggestion would be a nice upgrade for you.

Yeah, I have a blade grinder, and I know what I really need is a burr grinder. Obviously, I have experience with great grinders, having worked in coffee shops, but those are outside of a reasonable price range. Commercial grinders are thousands of dollars. It's actually mystifying why they're so expensive. I can wrap my head around the cost of something like a commercial espresso machine.

Get an Oxo bur grinder. They're reasonably priced and do a decent job.

I had hesitated to recommend anything because some people take their coffee snobbery a bit too far, but now that you've shared that you're currently doing the equivalent of piling your beans in the driveway and running over them a few times, I'm confident my suggestion would be a nice upgrade for you.
Haven’t tried driveway method! Thanks for the tip!

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom