Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

“A drunken man in India reportedly joined a group of searchers without realizing the search party was looking for him. A discarded beer can in a pile of leaves, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.”

this accompanied a pic of a Stella can at the bottom of that article. It mixed up the country of the story and showed a picture of a random beer can on the ground in a 3rd country.

While society rightly looks at people like this with disgust, I can't help but feel that her life would have taken a different path if her parents hadn't chosen to name her after a popular brand of toilet paper.

Woman Arrested For Child Sex Crimes

According to the CCSO report, 35-year-old Tiffany Charmin Norris has been charged with:

• Two counts of statutory rape of a child by an adult
  • Two counts of statutory sex offense with a child by an adult
  • Two counts of indecent liberties with a child
She is being held under a $750,000 secured bond.

Was thinking about why I won't call Twitter "X." It's not just because I hate Elon Musk. It's not just because X is inferior branding and it's often confusing to use it in a sentence.

It's because his fascination with that letter seems like something a 12-year-old would think is cool. It reminds me of bullshit I came up with in middle school and thought I was "bad ass" for coming up with. I almost feel embarrassed on his behalf.

I really like this one, similar but with a nice twist:
1rwbv515mxwa1.jpg

Yesterday I was in the coffee shop. The woman at the counter was talking on the phone. It was the land line, so I figured she was talking to her boss. So I wasn't that annoyed. But it dragged on for like five minutes. I was thinking "Tell them you've got customers, for Christ's sake." Anyway, at some point in the conversation she's like "Go Heels! Oh, did I say that." I'm wearing a Duke hoodie. It was unzipped so maybe she couldn't read it. But we were right across from Duke campus. So not only are you not serving me, now you're saying "Go Heels" while keeping me waiting when I need to go to work? I swear it's like Tourette's with UNC fans. Never once have I seen someone in UNC gear and felt compelled to say something. Because I'm an adult and the team you root for just isn't that important.

I still tipped her anyway because I'm a guilty liberal who can't not tip. But I wasn't happy about it.

My actual theory is that being part of the majority emboldens you. UNC fans are in the majority in this state and so they think they can say whatever they want.

Also, it's funny how many UNC fans there are that only care about their team for two weeks of the year (the weeks they play Duke). I definitely pegged her as one of those.

I remember visiting my girlfriend in Charlotte, and we were in a grocery store or Walmart or Target - some place like that. I was a 22-year-old grad student, wearing a Duke t-shirt, and I walked past a 40-somethings man in a UNC shirt. As he passes me, he smirks and says, “Duke sucks” and lets out a chuckle. I had to laugh. Like, how sad is that person’s life to feel the need to say that to a stranger who is minding his own business, trying to buy toilet paper.

Last edited:
I requested a return for an item I got from Amazon. The item had come from a store in Canada. I was given a return slip with some dude's name on it in Vermont. I assumed that he was just their US person who dealt with returns. I shipped it off. On the 22nd, I checked the USPS tracking. It said "Out for Delivery" followed by "Delivered to An Agent for Final Delivery." I didn't know what that meant but wasn't too worried about it.

Now five days later, it says the same shit. It's been in that town in VT for five days without an update. I googled what "delivered to an agent" means and supposedly it means it literally could have been given to anyone. WTF. I could be out $236.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom