Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

CK86 said:
Can always count on "Arrow" to be consistently entertaining, so glad it's back. "The Flash" pilot was also encouraging (even if I had already seen the leaked version a few months ago). Still can't believe the end of the "Arrow" season premiere, didn't see that coming at all.

Daddy Lance's heart issues, the breakup of the relationship that was yet to take off, and then Sara.........could the writers have toyed with followers' hopes any more?

The AV Club really likes The Affair, or at least the first episode.

The review is a little cryptic when it comes to plot, and I'm skeptical because it's on Showtime. I've never really liked a Showtime show.

But it has Dominic West (McNulty from The Wire) and Ruth Wilson (Alice from Luther). That's enough for me.

http://www.avclub.com/review/engrossing ... :1:Default

Halfway through the first episode and it is really strong so far. Very intrigued where they go with this McNulty and Alice are awesome

I can see why they wrote that review the way they did. The reveals are masterfully done, and would be unfortunate if they ruined it

Am I the only person on the planet who watched The Divide? Nobody mentions it, but I think it compares favorably to some of the best TV shows ever made. I don't want to blaspheme, but I would dare say that so far - after one season - it's as good as The Wire.

Never heard of it. Probably didn't help that it was on WE tv and has no big name actors.

Have to check it out ASAP.

rome8180 said:
Never heard of it. Probably didn't help that it was on WE tv and has no big name actors.

Have to check it out ASAP.

It has a few actors from The Wire, so that's probably why I threw that out as an "as good as" comparison. But I didn't find anything about the show to be less than excellent - acting, writing, directing are all great, and it's a very engrossing story line that so far has never been boring.

I wonder if Marry Me will be any good. It's got Ken Marino and Casey Wilson and is by the creator of Happy Endings.

It has promise but Casey Wilson was my least favorite character on Happy Endings by far

From a cameo excitement perspective, I think it's a tie between Marino and Rob Riggle for me whenever I see them show up on screen.

Love Ken Marino in everything. I've never seen Casey Wilson as a character on a show, but she was great as a guest on Comedy Bang Bang (currently tied with Childrens Hospital as my favorite absurdist comedy).

bdotling said:
Halfway through the first episode and it is really strong so far. Very intrigued where they go with this McNulty and Alice are awesome

I couldn't quite suspend my disbelief when Rawls showed up as McNulty's condescending father in law. Pretty funny though.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the free first episode on Showtime. The 'human error' aspect of witnessing events is a seemingly fresh take for the show.

HBO to have stand alone streaming service next year, saying fuck you to cable companies.

Topher said:
HBO to have stand alone streaming service next year, saying fuck you to cable companies.

As much as I loathe paying for any sort of TV, I would pay for this just to try and get the ball rolling for other networks/shows to follow suit. If it's lucrative enough for HBO, everybody will jump on this bandwagon.

The big fuck you to cable is well on its way already. If ESPN/Disney decides to do its own thing, forget about it - we're all cutting the cord. It is basically already there with people sharing cable provider logins to do WatchESPN.

Just give me the 5-10 channels I want the most for $8 a month each.

Will this kill off fledgling networks that may have evolved into solid channels, like AMC and A&E did and like Sundance seems to be in the process of doing? Possibly, but then, the internet may give new channels more flexibility in how they market and sell themselves so they may actually do better in the long run.
And really, why does there even need to be a network anymore? Just let me subscribe to individual shows and events.

This season of American Horror Story is totally bizarre. I'm surprised the opening is even allowed on regular cable. I love it but it's probably the weirdest thing that's ever been on TV.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom