Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

And perhaps more significant than HBO's move is broadcast network CBS offering something similar.

dkst0426 said:
And perhaps more significant than HBO's move is broadcast network CBS offering something similar.

CBS is excluding NFL games (and maybe all sports events?) from their online service. Also, even though they're charging a $5.99 monthly fee, their shows will still include commercials. So, no thank you to CBS.

aiw said:
Why can't you watch it on the antenna?

I guess they're aiming more for customers who are using portable devices.
I personally can't use an antenna because I'm in some sort of signal black hole. I tried a couple of years ago, did tons of research, bought the "right" antenna, pointed it in the perfect direction. The OTA websites tell me I should be able to get 4 channels really well here and maybe pick up 2 more, but I can get only one (PBS) and it's hit-or-miss at that.

thewiseben said:
So what do you guys feel about the show "Legit"? I just finished the second season, and I absolutely loved it.

Like a more fucked up version of Louie.

I've never watched it, but the previews always look pretty funny. I always laughed at the one where some radio host was telling the main character how pathetic he was back when he would just try to sleep with every woman, and he replies something like "Then why do I remember being so happy and all my friends high fiving me all the time?"

Homeland

If Homeland is going the way of Breaking Bad, with Carrie doing progressively worse things for a good reason and becoming an anti-hero, that's fine with me. Stop shoving love down our throats, though. Just go with badass female anti-hero doing nasty things to save the US.

I can't believe DSon only got six episodes into The Wire and yet has watched this much Homeland.

It's almost enough to invalidate every one of his statements about anything for me.

My wife and I have been racing through The Wire. I never watched it before because I never had HBO. Now that Amazon Prime is streaming it, it's just incredible TV. I like it a zillion times better than Breaking Bad.

DurhamSon said:
What? I watched the first two seasons

For some reason I thought you quit after episode six per our discussions in TDD chat ages ago. At least you gave it a fair shake.

I probably didn't do the same for Homeland, but everything I've read here makes it sound like I made the right choice. I only kind of liked the first season, and that seems to be by all accounts the best one.

only SM will understand this, but they are bringing couples from Are You the One onto the Challenge. I am excited for it.

rhfarmer said:
My wife and I have been racing through The Wire. I never watched it before because I never had HBO. Now that Amazon Prime is streaming it, it's just incredible TV. I like it a zillion times better than Breaking Bad.

All this brings joy to my heart.

rome8180 said:
DurhamSon said:
What? I watched the first two seasons

For some reason I thought you quit after episode six per our discussions in TDD chat ages ago. At least you gave it a fair shake.

I probably didn't do the same for Homeland, but everything I've read here makes it sound like I made the right choice. I only kind of liked the first season, and that seems to be by all accounts the best one.

Season 2 was the weakest though so that's an unfortunate time to quit. That said, if DS didn't like Season 1, I'm not sure he would like 3, 4 or 5, per most people's season-by-season rankings. I actually have a bit of a different take on the season by season rankings which I'm sure few of you would agree with:

I like kids, I guess.

I think Season 5 was the weakest (though I enjoy it more every time I rewatch it). I am actually a fan of Season 2.

I guess that's my ranking, but I'm not at all happy with it. I like them all too much to decide.

Oh, I actually didn't think there was anyone else out there that thought 4/3 were the best two seasons. Was much more invested in the characters by that point than in 1.

I liked Season 2 more than 1.

I quit watching after the first episode of season 3 because the torrent I had didn't have intelligible audio.

I believe it was Cmoney who didn't like the show. Not enough cops shooting people

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom