Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

The last episode opens up a ton of possibilities. It makes me wish I was a writer on the show. It could either go way south or have an excellent second season.

BTW, my girlfriend (or fuck buddy, if you prefer) is friends with the head writer/executive producer of the show.

Ruth Wilson wins the Golden Globe. I can her Alice, always, even during The Affair.

aiw said:
Could this new NBC Soviet/US spy show look anymore like The Americans?
Yeah, in the same way that State of Affairs is ripping off Homeland.

What am I missing about The Affair? I watched a couple of episodes, and I didn't get what the big deal was.

The less assholic answer is that it's a show that is very interesting on the subjects of memory, narrative reliability, and gender. While each character perhaps has motives for lying, because of the ambiguous nature of the crime, we're not sure whether we're being lied to or whether the characters are misremembering. We're also not sure whose version of events is the truth or if the truth is somewhere in the middle. The difference in the narratives allows for commentary on the way the male and female in sexual relationships see themselves and each other.

This stuff in itself is interesting enough and kept me hooked until the more "plotty" elements kicked in around episode six.

I'm also happy that my favorite opening credits since True Blood actually have a show deserving of them (unlike True Blood).

rome8180 said:
The less assholic answer is that it's a show that is very interesting on the subjects of memory, narrative reliability, and gender. While each character perhaps has motives for lying, because of the ambiguous nature of the crime, we're not sure whether we're being lied to or whether the characters are misremembering. We're also not sure whose version of events is the truth or if the truth is somewhere in the middle. The difference in the narratives allows for commentary on the way the male and female in sexual relationships see themselves and each other.

This stuff in itself is interesting enough and kept me hooked until the more "plotty" elements kicked in around episode six.

Some of the differences in the stories way too egregious.

Like the confrontation at the ranch when the daughter went there (unless they were lying to the detective to create doubt)

AIW, I agree. And that was the weakest moment in the show, to my mind. All of the others I could square on some level, but that moment would have been much better if it were more similar.

I think they fell a little too in love with the conceit and overdid it.

Started watching Marco Polo on Netflix yesterday. I didn't know if I would like it or not but I love it so far. Anyone else watch it?

Jake+Siciliano+Affair+Premieres+NYC+tWjnu-yTftyl.jpg
1254430.jpg

The Affair Season 2: Joshua Jackson having an affair during a different time period. This was alluded to in the earlier season 1 episodes.

The Affair Season 3: Maura Tierney having an affair during a different time period. This was alluded to toward the end of season 1.

The Affair Season 4: Bring it all together, resolve the crimes, end the series.

Finished season 2 of The Fall. It fell well short of the first season for me. I understand we're supposed to suspend some disbelief in television but there were too many convenient happenings that weakened the plot. Would've also liked for the dialog to go a bit deeper in some of the more monumental scenes in the final episodes.

skins said:
Finished season 2 of The Fall. It fell well short of the first season for me. I understand we're supposed to suspend some disbelief in television but there were too many convenient happenings that weakened the plot. Would've also liked for the dialog to go a bit deeper in some of the more monumental scenes in the final episodes.
Yeah, the second season wasn't as good to me either. I just finished it, and
while I liked the parallels drawn between Spector and Stella, I wish they hadn't made Stella so completely unlikable. I was almost hoping Spector would find a way to kill Stella by the end of it.

Jimmy Fallon's Saved by the Bell reunion sketch was good tonight.

No Screech though. I don't even want to Wikipedia him. Probably a meth addict or in prison for prostitution stuff.

I remember seeing him in Celebrity Boxing and hearing about the tell-all book he wrote. Lisa wasn't there either, I saw a recent picture of her, she looked awful.

Not to mention he probably doesn't get along with the others due to the book he "wrote." Surprised he wasn't sued for libel for some of it. It's basically a lot of unsubstantiated rumors about who had sex with who.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom