Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

anyone else notice how Sansa didn't really have much regard for Jon's life? Thought that was interesting, and am certainly intrigued by how that might play out going forward

(GoT)

Jon Snow is so fucking stupid. He deserved to lose that battle with his bullshit.

Pantone287 said:
(GoT)

Jon Snow is so **** stupid. He deserved to lose that battle with his ****.

Ramsay was equally as stupid
slaughtering his own army by continuously firing the arrows into the battlefield. That battle should've never had to come down to the point where they had Jon's army circled like that. That was all that was left of Ramsay's forces. He had more than Jon did, but as a result of Jon being a more inspiring leader, and Ramsay just constantly firing away he depleted what appeared to be about 4-4500 of his 6000 troops, and it appeared that Jon still had around 1000 of his left

Slap the Floor said:
Pantone287 said:
(GoT)

Jon Snow is so **** stupid. He deserved to lose that battle with his ****.

Ramsay was equally as stupid
slaughtering his own army by continuously firing the arrows into the battlefield. That battle should've never had to come down to the point where they had Jon's army circled like that. That was all that was left of Ramsay's forces. He had more than Jon did, but as a result of Jon being a more inspiring leader, and Ramsay just constantly firing away he depleted what appeared to be about 4-4500 of his 6000 troops, and it appeared that Jon still had around 1000 of his left

Your number counts and math seem pretty off to me. Regardless, I didn't think it was unwise of Ramsay... if one good guy died for every bad guy from the arrows, it favors the side with greater numbers. And it's not really debatable. Also, in battle, units start to break when they get to a critical point depending on morale. Playing some of the Total War PC game series will teach you all of that.

I think the show made it a point to show us that more of Ramsay's men were dying from the arrow's than Jon's.

GoT

I was irked when Sansa reminded Ramsay that he hadn't fed his dogs in seven days, and that he had said so himself. She had left the parley when he revealed that little tidbit. I guess it's possible Jon or someone told her off screen buti i can't imagine why.

I really hate myself for not allowing myself to just be happy with such an amazing hour of television.

krsmith16 said:
GoT

I was irked when Sansa reminded Ramsay that he hadn't fed his dogs in seven days, and that he had said so himself. She had left the parley when he revealed that little tidbit. I guess it's possible Jon or someone told her off screen buti i can't imagine why.

I really hate myself for not allowing myself to just be happy with such an amazing hour of television.

I noticed that too. I also could make up a scenario where maybe she overheard someone repeat it when they put Ramsey in the kennels and we weren't shown it, but that would just be me rationalizing something that looks like a writing goof.

As meticulous as they've been about everything, it almost seems intentional for that to be there. Me, rationalizing again.

Slap the Floor said:
I think the show made it a point to show us that more of Ramsay's men were dying from the arrow's than Jon's.

because there were more of Ramsay's guys than jon's. Once they were surrounded, it was over. They couldn't even move. The only thing that saved them was Littlefinger and that would have been enough either way.

Pantone287 said:
(GoT)

Jon Snow is so fucking stupid. He deserved to lose that battle with his bullshit.

All I could think of was

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hooKVstzbz0[/youtube]

GoT

Stark and Stark-related deaths:
Ned
Catelyn
Robb
Rickon
Blackfish
Hodor
Population of Winterfell
Direwolves :( (which ones are left?)

Re: direwolves

Having Ramsay get mauled by his own dogs was too poetic for the writers to resist. I get that. Overall i thought it was a satisfactory way to close the chapter on Ramsay.

When watching the scene, however, i just knew that when Ramsay says his dogs would never turn on him, Sansa was going to say "you're right" or something to that effect then open the door for Ghost.

Considering all the Starks who have died at the hands of the Boltons, it would seem fitting for Ramsay to be forced to watch as a direwolf destroys his beloved hounds before ripping his throat throat out.

Also poetic but a bit more subtle.

i have discussed this on another board, but the best ending to Ramsay would've been for Ramsay to hear growling in the cages, to think it's his hounds, only to see Ghost walk out with the torn off head of one the hounds heads and the others have of course been killed by Ghost. Then Ghost savages Ramsay to death.

also, where was Ghost during the battle? When Robb was alive, we heard about how his direwolf was literally wrecking enemies in the battlefield. I expected to see Ghost out there.

Slap the Floor said:
i have discussed this on another board, but the best ending to Ramsay would've been for Ramsay to hear growling in the cages, to think it's his hounds, only to see Ghost walk out with the torn off head of one the hounds heads and the others have of course been killed by Ghost. Then Ghost savages Ramsay to death.

also, where was Ghost during the battle? When Robb was alive, we heard about how his direwolf was literally wrecking enemies in the battlefield. I expected to see Ghost out there.

CGI budget is only for the damn dragons and nothing else. Killing off direwolves and the last damn giant in the world so they can show Daenerys get bailed out by her dragons time and time again.

the show underutilized the Wun Wun so badly in the battle. in the books, the giants cut down huge trees, and then they tie big rocks to the trees and swing them around in combat. It's so frustrating that the show didn't give Wun Wun a weapon or a shield. If you think about it, he could've used a massive shield of some sorts to block the incoming arrows, while also using the shield as a weapon just because it would be so big. It's frustrating that they didn't use him to his fullest capabilities, probably as a result of budget concerns.

Non-use of the spoiler tag is a bannable offense. Mods please deal with this.

dub_seahawks said:
GoT

Stark and Stark-related deaths:
Ned
Catelyn
Robb
Rickon
Blackfish
Hodor
Population of Winterfell
Direwolves :( (which ones are left?)

Next episode spoiler below. Fair warning.

You sure about Blackfish? :D

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom